This May Be the Weirdest Credit Card Benefit We’ve Seen Yet
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Amex Offers are a somewhat lesser-known credit card trick that can save you real money and earn you lots of bonus points. American Express cards have access to a little portal of targeted discounts and bonus-point earning offers. A lot of the time, these offers are from some really popular — with the key word here being “popular” — brands. Think: Sephora, Starbucks, Hilton, Cathay Pacific, etc. Most of the time, they’re not massive (with some exceptions), but they do add up over time, so use them when you can.
So it came as a funny little surprise to all of us when we stumbled upon an offer for none other than … Chuck E. Cheese’s. Yes, that Chuck E. Cheese you might remember from your childhood. Via this Amex Offer you may be able to save 10% on purchases, up to a whole $2 the next time you’re at none other than Charles Entertainment Cheese.
I have a lot of thoughts here, so bear with me. First off, $2? A whole $2? That’s like, what, half a small bottle of soda there? Granted, I haven’t been to one since the Spice Girls were on the radio, but something tells me that a maximum of a $2 savings doesn’t go far there. Second, in a mix of offers that regularly includes upscale brands such as the Four Seasons, it’s wild to see something so … well, so different than Four Seasons. Yes, these things do add up, so add it to your cards if you can use it, but to quote my good friends Seth Meyers and Amy Poehler … really?!
I’ll owe you a pizza slice at Chuck E. Cheese if you’ve seen a stranger offer than this.
Featured image courtesy of Twitter/@IndyFood.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees