This May Be the Weirdest Credit Card Benefit We’ve Seen Yet
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Amex Offers are a somewhat lesser-known credit card trick that can save you real money and earn you lots of bonus points. American Express cards have access to a little portal of targeted discounts and bonus-point earning offers. A lot of the time, these offers are from some really popular — with the key word here being “popular” — brands. Think: Sephora, Starbucks, Hilton, Cathay Pacific, etc. Most of the time, they’re not massive (with some exceptions), but they do add up over time, so use them when you can.
So it came as a funny little surprise to all of us when we stumbled upon an offer for none other than … Chuck E. Cheese’s. Yes, that Chuck E. Cheese you might remember from your childhood. Via this Amex Offer you may be able to save 10% on purchases, up to a whole $2 the next time you’re at none other than Charles Entertainment Cheese.
I have a lot of thoughts here, so bear with me. First off, $2? A whole $2? That’s like, what, half a small bottle of soda there? Granted, I haven’t been to one since the Spice Girls were on the radio, but something tells me that a maximum of a $2 savings doesn’t go far there. Second, in a mix of offers that regularly includes upscale brands such as the Four Seasons, it’s wild to see something so … well, so different than Four Seasons. Yes, these things do add up, so add it to your cards if you can use it, but to quote my good friends Seth Meyers and Amy Poehler … really?!
I’ll owe you a pizza slice at Chuck E. Cheese if you’ve seen a stranger offer than this.
Featured image courtesy of Twitter/@IndyFood.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.