This Hotel Allows You to Sleep in A Tequila Barrel
Cinco De Mayo weekend is almost here, and for many people the holiday includes the celebratory drink of choice: tequila. It’s no secret that travelers from all over the world go to Tequila, Jalisco Mexico (The Tequila capital of the world), to discover of all things tequila. Now, there’s a boutique hotel— Matices Hotel de Barricas— that gives you the ultimate tequila experience by allowing you to sleep in a tequila barrel.
The Matices Hotel de Barricas is a small hotel located next to the tequila factory, La Cofradia. The hotel offers 22 wooden barrel rooms similar to those used to age tequila. Each barrel room accommodates up to two guest and is equipped with a king-size bed, bathroom with a rain shower, a mini-fridge and air conditioner.
In addition to the rooms, the hotel features a restaurant-bar and entertainment center, a museum site and an a tequila aging area where guest can participate in activities like bottling your own spirits and witnessing agave harvests. There’s also a free shuttle that goes back and forth between the hotel and the actual town proper of Tequila.
The nightly rate for a barrel room starts at $180 per night.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees