This Hotel Allows You to Sleep in A Tequila Barrel
Cinco De Mayo weekend is almost here, and for many people the holiday includes the celebratory drink of choice: tequila. It’s no secret that travelers from all over the world go to Tequila, Jalisco Mexico (The Tequila capital of the world), to discover of all things tequila. Now, there’s a boutique hotel— Matices Hotel de Barricas— that gives you the ultimate tequila experience by allowing you to sleep in a tequila barrel.
The Matices Hotel de Barricas is a small hotel located next to the tequila factory, La Cofradia. The hotel offers 22 wooden barrel rooms similar to those used to age tequila. Each barrel room accommodates up to two guest and is equipped with a king-size bed, bathroom with a rain shower, a mini-fridge and air conditioner.
In addition to the rooms, the hotel features a restaurant-bar and entertainment center, a museum site and an a tequila aging area where guest can participate in activities like bottling your own spirits and witnessing agave harvests. There’s also a free shuttle that goes back and forth between the hotel and the actual town proper of Tequila.
The nightly rate for a barrel room starts at $180 per night.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 3X points on dining and 2x points on travel, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.