This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
The happiest meal on Earth may also be the most expensive. For just a cool $15,000, Disney fanatics can enjoy a luxurious meal at Disneyland’s 21 Royal. In addition to the seven-course dinner and wine pairing for twelve (which comes out to a magical $1,250 per person), the price also includes admission with back stage access and valet service to the park.
21 Royal is discreetly tucked above the Pirates of the Caribbean ride in New Orleans Square. An easily passable staircase leads up to the suite, which was originally designed for Walt Disney himself, but was not completed before his death in 1966. The two-bedroom suite, which does not currently allow overnight stays, features lavish decor inspired by the Empire style made popular in 19th century New Orleans. The dining room has one large twelve-person table, for a completely private dining experience for all those lucky (and wealthy) enough to be involved. The rooms have subtle hints of Disney flare, with the famous hidden Mickeys scattered throughout.
Guests are greeted by fancy butlers with signature cocktails in the salon and then are invited out to the patio for a casual reception. The dining experience follows, and is surely made for those channeling their inner Disney prince or princess. The grand table is set with white linens, fresh flowers and a set of gold-plated dinnerware and fine crystal. “By combining these ingredients with skillful techniques and time-honored traditions, then matching them with the perfect pairings from the extensive 21 Royal wine collection, your culinary team creates a symphony of innovative dishes that are dazzling in both flavor and appearance culminating in an epicurean experience that is uniquely Disney.”
The Royal 21 team orchestrates a dinner filled with fascinating Disney tales and prepares a custom menu that is “uniquely yours”. A recent Yelp review of Royal 21 included a photo of that evening’s menu, which featured a seared Japanese Kobe beef with avocado and citrus, and imported white asparagus with Spanish ham and Meyer lemon bubbles. The evening is finished off with dessert on the private balcony that has a perfect view of the spectacular Fantasmic show.
If you find the price tag too high but still want a VIP experience, consider this $3,000 private Universal Studios tour that looks downright budget-friendly in comparison.
Featured image by Disney.
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
Aside from the 75,000 points welcome bonus, Amex recently made huge improvements to the Business Platinum Card, including the fact that you will now earn 50% more points on purchases of $5,000 or more, earn 5x on flights and eligible hotels at Amextravel.com and cardholders will receive a $200 airline fee credit each year.
- Welcome Offer: Earn up to 75,000 Membership Rewards® points.
- Earn 50,000 Membership Rewards® points after you spend $10,000 and an extra 25,000 points after you spend an additional $10,000 all on qualifying purchases within your first 3 months of Card Membership.
- Get 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights and prepaid hotels on amextravel.com.
- Get 50% more Membership Rewards® points. That's 1.5 points per dollar, on each eligible purchase of $5,000 or more. You can get up to 1 million additional points per year.
- 35% Airline Bonus: Use Membership Rewards® Pay with Points for all or part of a flight with your selected qualifying airline, and you can get 35% of the points back, up to 500,000 bonus points per calendar year.
- Enroll to get up to $200 in statement credits annually by getting up to $100 semi-annually for U.S. purchases with Dell. Terms apply.
- Get one year of Platinum Global Access from WeWork. With this membership, you can access 300+ premium, inspiring workspaces in 75+ cities. To get this exclusive offer, enroll between 2/15/2019 and 12/31/2019.
- Terms Apply
- See Rates & Fees