This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
In step with the upcoming (and ongoing) Black Friday travel deals that have been popping up throughout past week, Hurtigruten Cruise Line is offering free airfare to Iceland if you book a specific ticket from now until Nov. 30.
The flights are all round-trip and economy on New York (JFK/EWR), Los Angeles (LAX), Miami (MIA), or Chicago (ORD) to Reykjavík (KEF) on these following departure dates:
- May 18, 2019
- May 29, 2019
- June 9, 2019
- June 20, 2019
In order to qualify for the free airfare, travelers must sign up for a 12-day cruise and hiking excursion around the country. Though the trip won’t be taking place during Northern Lights season, the cruise package boasts the chance to see lava fields, natural hot springs, rare wildlife (think whales and penguins), historic settlements and hike through the wilderness all while circumnavigating the Icelandic coast. And, yes, you will get to visit the Blue Lagoon, too.
Iceland, in recent years, has become quite the trendy travel location. From 2017 to 2018, Reykjavík has jumped 14 spots up in the rankings (from 17 to 3) in top travel destinations for Americans.
Trip packages are currently going from $7466 per person, which offers travelers the cabin grade of their choice, a wind and water resistant jacket, off-boat excursions and complimentary tea and coffee. In order to book, travelers must call the Hurtigruten Customer Sales Center (phone number is listed here). Happy traveling — and don’t forget to keep warm.
Featured image by Andrea Comi via Getty Images.
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
NEW INCREASED OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred named "Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption" - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, June 2018
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards