This Cruise Line Wants to Give You a Free Flight to Iceland
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
In step with the upcoming (and ongoing) Black Friday travel deals that have been popping up throughout past week, Hurtigruten Cruise Line is offering free airfare to Iceland if you book a specific ticket from now until Nov. 30.
The flights are all round-trip and economy on New York (JFK/EWR), Los Angeles (LAX), Miami (MIA), or Chicago (ORD) to Reykjavík (KEF) on these following departure dates:
- May 18, 2019
- May 29, 2019
- June 9, 2019
- June 20, 2019
In order to qualify for the free airfare, travelers must sign up for a 12-day cruise and hiking excursion around the country. Though the trip won’t be taking place during Northern Lights season, the cruise package boasts the chance to see lava fields, natural hot springs, rare wildlife (think whales and penguins), historic settlements and hike through the wilderness all while circumnavigating the Icelandic coast. And, yes, you will get to visit the Blue Lagoon, too.
Iceland, in recent years, has become quite the trendy travel location. From 2017 to 2018, Reykjavík has jumped 14 spots up in the rankings (from 17 to 3) in top travel destinations for Americans.
Trip packages are currently going from $7466 per person, which offers travelers the cabin grade of their choice, a wind and water resistant jacket, off-boat excursions and complimentary tea and coffee. In order to book, travelers must call the Hurtigruten Customer Sales Center (phone number is listed here). Happy traveling — and don’t forget to keep warm.
Featured image by Andrea Comi via Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.