This Cruise Line Wants to Give You a Free Flight to Iceland
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
In step with the upcoming (and ongoing) Black Friday travel deals that have been popping up throughout past week, Hurtigruten Cruise Line is offering free airfare to Iceland if you book a specific ticket from now until Nov. 30.
The flights are all round-trip and economy on New York (JFK/EWR), Los Angeles (LAX), Miami (MIA), or Chicago (ORD) to Reykjavík (KEF) on these following departure dates:
- May 18, 2019
- May 29, 2019
- June 9, 2019
- June 20, 2019
In order to qualify for the free airfare, travelers must sign up for a 12-day cruise and hiking excursion around the country. Though the trip won’t be taking place during Northern Lights season, the cruise package boasts the chance to see lava fields, natural hot springs, rare wildlife (think whales and penguins), historic settlements and hike through the wilderness all while circumnavigating the Icelandic coast. And, yes, you will get to visit the Blue Lagoon, too.
Iceland, in recent years, has become quite the trendy travel location. From 2017 to 2018, Reykjavík has jumped 14 spots up in the rankings (from 17 to 3) in top travel destinations for Americans.
Trip packages are currently going from $7466 per person, which offers travelers the cabin grade of their choice, a wind and water resistant jacket, off-boat excursions and complimentary tea and coffee. In order to book, travelers must call the Hurtigruten Customer Sales Center (phone number is listed here). Happy traveling — and don’t forget to keep warm.
Featured image by Andrea Comi via Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees