This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
God’s Little People Cat Rescue is looking for “a mature and genuinely passionate cat lover who knows how to handle many cats.” The kicker? The position is based in the Greek island of Syros. Pretty safe to say this isn’t your typical LinkedIn or Glassdoor posting, guys. I mean, this will be your playground every day, so things could definitely be worse.
There are no formal requirements to apply, but they’re looking for someone who can take over running the sanctuary in the current owner’s absence for about six months. Based on experience, “the the job is most suitable for someone 45+ years of age, who’s responsible, reliable, honest, practically inclined – and really, with a heart of gold!” It’s also a big bonus if you’re a vet or nurse; the 55 cats need to be fed and medicated — and of course, loved.
The job is part-time but salaried, although exact details are unspecified. There’s also an unpaid training period that can last for about two to four weeks. The good news is that you’ll be living rent free in a secluded house in Greece, and electricity and water are also paid for.
If you’re chosen to interview, you’ll arrange a Skype call at the end of August. The position officially begins on November 1. Told you you’ll want to apply right meow.
Featured image by Freeartis/Getty Images.
The American Express Platinum card has some of the best perks out there: cardholders enjoy the best domestic lounge access (Delta SkyClubs, Centurion Lounges, and Priority Pass), a $200 annual airline fee credit as well as up to $200 in Uber credits, and mid-tier elite status at SPG, Marriott, and Hilton. Combined with the 60,000 point welcome offer -- worth $1,140 based on TPG's valuations -- this card is a no-brainer for frequent travelers. Here are 5 reasons you should consider this card, as well as how you can figure out if the $550 annual fee makes sense for you.
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- Enjoy Uber VIP status and free rides in the U.S. up to $15 each month, plus a bonus $20 in December. That can be up to $200 in annual Uber savings.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- 5X Membership Rewards points on prepaid hotels booked on amextravel.com.
- Enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts. Learn More.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- Get up to $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue on your Platinum Card®. Enrollment required.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees