This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
As a part of an annual promotion, the city of San Luis Obispo, California will be paying the first 500 winter visitors $100 dollars cash to stop in.
San Luis Obispo is a central coastal city located north of Los Angeles. With warm weather pretty much year round, it’s a good spot for those sick of the cold to visit without leaving the country. With nestled between Big Sur and the Los Padres National Forest, San Luis Obispo boasts scenic beaches and hikes among many other indoor and outdoor activities.
Also, while you’re there, make sure to check out the famously nasty (and oddly Instagrammable) Bubblegum Alley.
In order to qualify for the promotion, applicants must book a two-night stay in any San Luis Obispo hotel through the city website (which includes some hotels in which you can use your hotel rewards points) then forward their confirmation to firstname.lastname@example.org. Lastly, after checking into your hotel of choice, bring the promotion confirmation letter, lodging confirmation and your hotel room key to the San Luis Obispo Chamber of Commerce Visitor Center. If you’re one of the first 500 to book your stay — you’ll receive your $100. Booking dates are from January to March 2019
Featured image via Getty Images
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
With great travel benefits, 2x points on travel & dining and a 50,000 point sign up bonus, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great card for those looking to get into the points and miles game. Here are the top 5 reasons it should be in your wallet, or read our definitive review for more details.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred named "Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption" - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, June 2018
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards