This Boeing 737 Is Now a Gourmet Restaurant in Kuala Lumpur
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
There’s a new restaurant in the heart of Kuala Lumpur’s trendy Bukit Bintang district, and it’s not what you think. Last week, Malaysia’s first restaurant inside an airplane opened, and people are lining up at the chance to dine inside of the converted Boeing 737.
Once on-board, “passengers” will be served three-courses. They can choose between three tiers of service: economy, business class and first class. First class, the most expensive option, costs $255 per person, while business class and economy cost $100 and $50, respectively. In addition to the meal service, each class has its own perks. The first-class package comes with a stay at 5-star hotel Le Meridien. The chefs at this hotel are the masterminds behind the dishes at the airplane restaurant.
In addition to eating in style, guests can visit the cockpit and participate in the “Wing Walk” where guests can walk on the wing of the plane. This is offered twice a day.
Reservations are currently available for Plane in the City, but make sure you’re dining with a companion — the restaurant only accepts reservations for parties of two.
H/T: The Insider
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in your first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at US restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees