This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
There’s a new restaurant in the heart of Kuala Lumpur’s trendy Bukit Bintang district, and it’s not what you think. Last week, Malaysia’s first restaurant inside an airplane opened, and people are lining up at the chance to dine inside of the converted Boeing 737.
Once on-board, “passengers” will be served three-courses. They can choose between three tiers of service: economy, business class and first class. First class, the most expensive option, costs $255 per person, while business class and economy cost $100 and $50, respectively. In addition to the meal service, each class has its own perks. The first-class package comes with a stay at 5-star hotel Le Meridien. The chefs at this hotel are the masterminds behind the dishes at the airplane restaurant.
In addition to eating in style, guests can visit the cockpit and participate in the “Wing Walk” where guests can walk on the wing of the plane. This is offered twice a day.
Reservations are currently available for Plane in the City, but make sure you’re dining with a companion — the restaurant only accepts reservations for parties of two.
H/T: The Insider
LIMITED TIME OFFER. Aside from the 100,000 points welcome bonus (available until 8/8/18), Amex recently made huge improvements to the Business Platinum Card, including the fact that you will now earn 50% more points on purchases of $5,000 or more, earn 5x on flights and eligible hotels at Amextravel.com and cardholders will receive a $200 airline fee credit each year.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn up to 100,000 Membership Rewards® Points.
- Earn 50,000 Membership Rewards® points after you spend $10,000 & an extra 50,000 points after you spend an additional $15,000 all on qualifying purchases within your first 3 months of Card Membership. Offer ends 8/8/18.†
- Get 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights and prepaid hotels on amextravel.com.
- Get 50% more Membership Rewards® points. That's 1.5 points per dollar, on each eligible purchase of $5,000 or more. You can get up to 1 million additional points per year.
- 35% Airline Bonus: Use Membership Rewards® Pay with Points for all or part of a flight with your selected qualifying airline, and you can get 35% of the points back, up to 500,000 bonus points per calendar year.
- You can also receive 35% points back on all First and Business class flights, with all airlines available through American Express Travel.
- You can enjoy access to The American Express Global Lounge Collection℠ offering access to the most lounges across the globe, when compared with other U.S. credit card offerings. As of 11/2017
- Terms Apply
- See Rates & Fees