This Boeing 737 Is Now a Gourmet Restaurant in Kuala Lumpur
There’s a new restaurant in the heart of Kuala Lumpur’s trendy Bukit Bintang district, and it’s not what you think. Last week, Malaysia’s first restaurant inside an airplane opened, and people are lining up at the chance to dine inside of the converted Boeing 737.
Once on-board, “passengers” will be served three-courses. They can choose between three tiers of service: economy, business class and first class. First class, the most expensive option, costs $255 per person, while business class and economy cost $100 and $50, respectively. In addition to the meal service, each class has its own perks. The first-class package comes with a stay at 5-star hotel Le Meridien. The chefs at this hotel are the masterminds behind the dishes at the airplane restaurant.
In addition to eating in style, guests can visit the cockpit and participate in the “Wing Walk” where guests can walk on the wing of the plane. This is offered twice a day.
Reservations are currently available for Plane in the City, but make sure you’re dining with a companion — the restaurant only accepts reservations for parties of two.
H/T: The Insider
Welcome to The Points Guy!
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees