This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
There’s a new restaurant in the heart of Kuala Lumpur’s trendy Bukit Bintang district, and it’s not what you think. Last week, Malaysia’s first restaurant inside an airplane opened, and people are lining up at the chance to dine inside of the converted Boeing 737.
Once on-board, “passengers” will be served three-courses. They can choose between three tiers of service: economy, business class and first class. First class, the most expensive option, costs $255 per person, while business class and economy cost $100 and $50, respectively. In addition to the meal service, each class has its own perks. The first-class package comes with a stay at 5-star hotel Le Meridien. The chefs at this hotel are the masterminds behind the dishes at the airplane restaurant.
In addition to eating in style, guests can visit the cockpit and participate in the “Wing Walk” where guests can walk on the wing of the plane. This is offered twice a day.
Reservations are currently available for Plane in the City, but make sure you’re dining with a companion — the restaurant only accepts reservations for parties of two.
H/T: The Insider
This cash back card has a focus on dining and entertainment where you can earn unlimited 4% cash back in those spending categories. You can also earn 2% cash back at grocery stores and 1% cash back on all other purchases.
- Earn a one-time $500 cash bonus after you spend $3000 on purchases within the first 3 months from account opening
- Earn unlimited 4% cash back on dining and entertainment, 2% at grocery stores and 1% on all other purchases
- No rotating categories or sign-ups needed to earn cash rewards; plus cash back won't expire for the life of the account and there's no limit to how much you can earn
- No foreign transaction fees
- Access to premium experiences in dining, entertainment and more
- $0 intro annual fee for the first year, $95 after that