This App Could Help Shorten Lines at Disneyland
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
One line will be getting shorter at Disneyland thanks to a mobile food ordering system launching later this year. Visitors to “The Happiest Place on Earth,” will be able to use the Disneyland app to place orders at select restaurants from anywhere in the park.
Once the food-ordering service is available, you’ll be able to search for participating locations and select an arrival time for pickup. Once arriving at the restaurant of your choice, you simply log back into the app and click a button that notifies the restaurant that you’re ready to pick up your food — the app will send you instructions on how to pick it up from a designated section within the restaurant. Guests will pay through the app as well, so you’ll never have to wait in any lines during your mobile dining experience.
Mobile ordering has been in use at Disney World in Orlando, Florida, since May 2017. It’s still unclear which restaurants in Anaheim, California’s Disneyland will be participating, but if the current lines are any indication of what dining options will be featured, then there’s a good chance Dole Whip will be an option because it constantly has some of the longest lines at the park.
Frequent visitors to Disneyland who have the Annual Pass will automatically see discounts applied to the new dining service. Within the past couple years, Disneyland also introduced the MaxPass feature in its app, which allows guests to access the FASTPASS to skip long lines. Between MaxPass and the soon-to-be mobile dining option, Disneyland is ensuring that visitors to its park will maximize their time by not having to wait in hours-long lines.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.