This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
One line will be getting shorter at Disneyland thanks to a mobile food ordering system launching later this year. Visitors to “The Happiest Place on Earth,” will be able to use the Disneyland app to place orders at select restaurants from anywhere in the park.
Once the food-ordering service is available, you’ll be able to search for participating locations and select an arrival time for pickup. Once arriving at the restaurant of your choice, you simply log back into the app and click a button that notifies the restaurant that you’re ready to pick up your food — the app will send you instructions on how to pick it up from a designated section within the restaurant. Guests will pay through the app as well, so you’ll never have to wait in any lines during your mobile dining experience.
Mobile ordering has been in use at Disney World in Orlando, Florida, since May 2017. It’s still unclear which restaurants in Anaheim, California’s Disneyland will be participating, but if the current lines are any indication of what dining options will be featured, then there’s a good chance Dole Whip will be an option because it constantly has some of the longest lines at the park.
Frequent visitors to Disneyland who have the Annual Pass will automatically see discounts applied to the new dining service. Within the past couple years, Disneyland also introduced the MaxPass feature in its app, which allows guests to access the FASTPASS to skip long lines. Between MaxPass and the soon-to-be mobile dining option, Disneyland is ensuring that visitors to its park will maximize their time by not having to wait in hours-long lines.
The American Express Platinum card has some of the best perks out there: cardholders enjoy the best domestic lounge access (Delta SkyClubs, Centurion Lounges, and Priority Pass), a $200 annual airline fee credit as well as up to $200 in Uber credits, and mid-tier elite status at SPG, Marriott, and Hilton. Combined with the 60,000 point welcome offer -- worth $1,140 based on TPG's valuations -- this card is a no-brainer for frequent travelers. Here are 5 reasons you should consider this card, as well as how you can figure out if the $550 annual fee makes sense for you.
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- Enjoy Uber VIP status and free rides in the U.S. up to $15 each month, plus a bonus $20 in December. That can be up to $200 in annual Uber savings.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- 5X Membership Rewards points on prepaid hotels booked on amextravel.com.
- Enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts. Learn More.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- Get up to $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue on your Platinum Card®. Enrollment required.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees