This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
One line will be getting shorter at Disneyland thanks to a mobile food ordering system launching later this year. Visitors to “The Happiest Place on Earth,” will be able to use the Disneyland app to place orders at select restaurants from anywhere in the park.
Once the food-ordering service is available, you’ll be able to search for participating locations and select an arrival time for pickup. Once arriving at the restaurant of your choice, you simply log back into the app and click a button that notifies the restaurant that you’re ready to pick up your food — the app will send you instructions on how to pick it up from a designated section within the restaurant. Guests will pay through the app as well, so you’ll never have to wait in any lines during your mobile dining experience.
Mobile ordering has been in use at Disney World in Orlando, Florida, since May 2017. It’s still unclear which restaurants in Anaheim, California’s Disneyland will be participating, but if the current lines are any indication of what dining options will be featured, then there’s a good chance Dole Whip will be an option because it constantly has some of the longest lines at the park.
Frequent visitors to Disneyland who have the Annual Pass will automatically see discounts applied to the new dining service. Within the past couple years, Disneyland also introduced the MaxPass feature in its app, which allows guests to access the FASTPASS to skip long lines. Between MaxPass and the soon-to-be mobile dining option, Disneyland is ensuring that visitors to its park will maximize their time by not having to wait in hours-long lines.
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
NEW INCREASED OFFER: 60,000 points! With great travel benefits, 2x points on travel & dining and a 60,000 point sign up bonus worth up to $1,200 in value, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great card for those looking to get into the points and miles game. Here are the top 5 reasons it should be in your wallet, or read our definitive review for more details.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred named "Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption" - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, June 2018
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards