This 5-Star Hotel Package Includes Lunch With a NASA Astronaut
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Being an astronaut ranks high on the dream list of career aspirations and childhood responses to the inevitable question of “What do you want to be when you grow up?” But not all of us grow up to attain those dreams. Some of us find alternative dream careers; others pursue elaborate travel-hacking hobbies that allow us to escape from our less-than-dreamy jobs, at least for a little bit.
Whether you’re doing what you love or not, you could probably use a little getaway. And if you’re in the market for some luxury — but also want to revisit that childhood career fantasy for a little bit — Houston is prepared to scratch that very specific itch for you.
In celebration of the 50th anniversary of the 1969 lunar landing, the NASA Space Center and Houston’s only AAA Five Diamond hotel have partnered up to offer an exclusive “space mission” package for VIP guests who can pony up the $10,000 price.
Your two-night stay at the Post Oak Hotel at Uptown Houston, should you choose to accept it, will begin with a round-trip private helicopter transfer from the hotel’s private helipad to Ellington Field, the military base near NASA.
Once you arrive, a local Space City astronaut will greet you before you take a private car ride over to the Space Center, where you will receive a private guided tour of the facilities including an array of significant Apollo artifacts. You’ll also see the center’s Neutral Buoyancy Lab, Building 9, Historic Mission Control, Current Mission Control and Rocket Park. Finally, you’ll get a private lunch date with a retired astronaut, who will answer all your burning questions about space, the stars and the great beyond.
Back on terra firma at the The Post Oak Hotel, your VIP package includes the Grounding Ritual signature treatment at the Spa at the Post Oak. Hungry after your massage and scrub? Go spend your $300 food and beverage credit at any of the six restaurants and bars on the property. Consider one of the 30,000 bottles of wine available at The Cellar, which houses vintages dating back to the 1800s.
If cars and art are more your thing, the Post Oak Hotel also offers a two-story Rolls-Royce showroom, an on-site Bentley and Bugatti Post Oak Motors dealership, as well as a modern art collection valued in the multi-millions.
Featured image by Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees