This 5-Star Hotel Package Includes Lunch With a NASA Astronaut
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Being an astronaut ranks high on the dream list of career aspirations and childhood responses to the inevitable question of “What do you want to be when you grow up?” But not all of us grow up to attain those dreams. Some of us find alternative dream careers; others pursue elaborate travel-hacking hobbies that allow us to escape from our less-than-dreamy jobs, at least for a little bit.
Whether you’re doing what you love or not, you could probably use a little getaway. And if you’re in the market for some luxury — but also want to revisit that childhood career fantasy for a little bit — Houston is prepared to scratch that very specific itch for you.
In celebration of the 50th anniversary of the 1969 lunar landing, the NASA Space Center and Houston’s only AAA Five Diamond hotel have partnered up to offer an exclusive “space mission” package for VIP guests who can pony up the $10,000 price.
Your two-night stay at the Post Oak Hotel at Uptown Houston, should you choose to accept it, will begin with a round-trip private helicopter transfer from the hotel’s private helipad to Ellington Field, the military base near NASA.
Once you arrive, a local Space City astronaut will greet you before you take a private car ride over to the Space Center, where you will receive a private guided tour of the facilities including an array of significant Apollo artifacts. You’ll also see the center’s Neutral Buoyancy Lab, Building 9, Historic Mission Control, Current Mission Control and Rocket Park. Finally, you’ll get a private lunch date with a retired astronaut, who will answer all your burning questions about space, the stars and the great beyond.
Back on terra firma at the The Post Oak Hotel, your VIP package includes the Grounding Ritual signature treatment at the Spa at the Post Oak. Hungry after your massage and scrub? Go spend your $300 food and beverage credit at any of the six restaurants and bars on the property. Consider one of the 30,000 bottles of wine available at The Cellar, which houses vintages dating back to the 1800s.
If cars and art are more your thing, the Post Oak Hotel also offers a two-story Rolls-Royce showroom, an on-site Bentley and Bugatti Post Oak Motors dealership, as well as a modern art collection valued in the multi-millions.
Featured image by Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.