This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Amex Offers are an often-underappreciated perk of American Express cards. This discount program lets targeted Amex cardholders opt into offers such as 10,000 Membership Rewards points for spending $600+ at Amex Travel, up to 20% cash back on Delta flights, 15% cash back on Starbucks purchases, 2,000 bonus Membership Rewards points for spending $50+ with Amazon and more.
American Express-issued cardholders can log into their account to check and register for these offers. But, since American Express shutdown the ability for cardholders to register for Amex Offers by social media earlier this year, Amex cards issued by other banks (i.e. Wells Fargo, US Bank, BBVA, Fidelity, PenFed, USAA) haven’t been able to enroll for or use Amex Offers.
Thankfully, now there’s a new website that allows more Amex cardholders to register for Amex Offers: American Express Connect.
If you have an Amex card that’s not issued by American Express, you can head to this site to check available offers and add them to your account. Unfortunately, Amex is starting slow with this new program, as currently there are only 10 offers available:
- Rosen Shingle Creek: Spend $500 or more, get $100 back
- World’s Leading Cruise Lines: Spend $500 or more, get $100 back
- Hilton properties in Australia: Spend $500 or more, get $75 back
- Ray-Ban.com: Spend $150 or more, get $30 back
- Madewell: Spend $120 or more, get $25 back
- 1800Flowers.com: Spend $50 or more, get $15 back
- BobbiBrown.com: Spend $50 or more, get $10 back
- OmahaSteaks .com: Spend $50 or more, get $10 back
- Wine.com: Spend $50 or more, get $10 back
- SwimOutlet.com: Spend $25 or more, get $5 back
To enroll in one of these offers, just click “Add to Card” and enter your first name, last name, third-party Amex card number and email address.
You’ll receive an email shortly after enrolling for an offer with a confirmation of registration. If you enter an American Express-managed card — such as The Platinum Card® from American Express or the American Express® Business Gold Card — you won’t be able to register for Amex Offers using this website. Instead, you’ll be directed to the American Express website to enroll:
To confirm that it’s limited to Amex cards, I tested enrolling both a Visa and a MasterCard. Both cards came back with the error “Please enter a valid Card Number.”
H/T: Doctor of Credit
With some great bonus categories, the American Express Gold Card has a lot going for it. The card offers 4x points at US restaurants, at US supermarkets (up to $25,000; then 1x), and 3x points on flights booked directly with airlines or through amextravel.com. It is currently offering a welcome bonus of 35,000 bonus points after you spend $2,000 in the first three months.
- Earn 35,000 Membership Rewards® Points after you spend $2,000 on eligible purchases with your new Card within the first 3 months.
- Earn 4X Membership Rewards® points at U.S. restaurants. Earn 4X Membership Rewards® points at U.S. supermarkets (on up to $25,000 per year in purchases, then 1X).
- Earn 3X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or on amextravel.com.
- Earn up to $10 in statement credits monthly when you pay with The Gold Card at Grubhub, Seamless, The Cheesecake Factory, Shake Shack, and Ruth's Chris Steak House. This is an annual savings of up to $120. Enrollment required.
- $100 Airline Fee Credit: up to $100 in statement credits per calendar year for incidental fees at one selected qualifying airline.
- Choose to carry a balance with interest on eligible charges of $100 or more.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- Annual Fee is $250.
- Terms apply.
- See Rates & Fees