This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
The holidays around the corner, and that means we’re about to enter peak travel-time in the US. With plane tickets, booking accommodations, family and friends — the last thing you want to worry about is if your hotel is infested with bed bugs. Luckily, Terminix (one of the largest pest control companies in the world) has compiled a list of the most bug-infested cities across the US. If you want (to try) to protect yourself from these creepy crawlers on your next vacation, it might be best to avoid these cities. Or, perhaps, proceed with caution.
With 300 branches across the country, Terminix identified 25 cities where residents needed the highest number of bed-bug control services.
Terminix looked at data across 300 of its branches throughout the US between Oct. 2017 and Sept. 2018. From this, the company was able to identify the top 25 cities that had to contact bed-bug control services this year. Take a look:
Topping the list is Cleveland, Philadelphia, Los Angeles, Indianapolis and Cincinnati. It’s no surprise that the bed bugs are consistently found all throughout the country, as they are known “hitchhikers” and can cling on to suitcases, clothes, and even find their way aboard airplanes. Just yesterday a woman moved forward with a lawsuit against the Disneyland Hotel in Anaheim for renting her a parasite infested room, and Orlando isn’t even on the list.
If you find yourself struggling to avoid these pesky mites, look no further. Here is our guide to avoiding bed bugs. Sleep tight!
Featured image by dblight via Getty Images.
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
Aside from the 75,000 points welcome bonus, Amex recently made huge improvements to the Business Platinum Card, including the fact that you will now earn 50% more points on purchases of $5,000 or more, earn 5x on flights and eligible hotels at Amextravel.com and cardholders will receive a $200 airline fee credit each year.
- Welcome Offer: Earn up to 75,000 Membership Rewards® points.
- Earn 50,000 Membership Rewards® points after you spend $10,000 and an extra 25,000 points after you spend an additional $10,000 all on qualifying purchases within your first 3 months of Card Membership.
- Get 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights and prepaid hotels on amextravel.com.
- Get 50% more Membership Rewards® points. That's 1.5 points per dollar, on each eligible purchase of $5,000 or more. You can get up to 1 million additional points per year.
- 35% Airline Bonus: Use Membership Rewards® Pay with Points for all or part of a flight with your selected qualifying airline, and you can get 35% of the points back, up to 500,000 bonus points per calendar year.
- Enroll to get up to $200 in statement credits annually by getting up to $100 semi-annually for U.S. purchases with Dell. Terms apply.
- Get one year of Platinum Global Access from WeWork. With this membership, you can access 300+ premium, inspiring workspaces in 75+ cities. To get this exclusive offer, enroll between 2/15/2019 and 12/31/2019.
- Terms Apply
- See Rates & Fees