These Are the Top 10 Most Dog-Friendly US Cities
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
It’s no secret that our team here at TPG loves dogs (especially our @PointsPups Frenchies!)
Last Sunday, we honored National Dog Day with the release of our list of America’s 10 Best Dog-Friendly Beaches. Yelp celebrated the doggie holiday with a list of their own, naming the Top 10 Dog-Friendly Cities in the US. Yelp formulated the list of top cities for canines based on the number of dog parks, dog walkers and pet-friendly establishments including restaurants, bars, coffee shops, hotels and beaches in each location. To allow for geographic diversity, Yelp only included 2 cities per state.
Traveling with pets on airlines is getting more and more complicated, with carriers tightening their policies on pets and emotional support animals. It’s nice to know that once you and your four-legged friend land at one of these destinations, your pooch will be welcomed with open arms.
Let your dog run free at a dog park or dine by your side at a restaurant in one of these top pet-friendly cities:
- Arlington, VA
- Tampa, FL
- West Hollywood, CA
- Dallas, TX
- Portland, OR
- Minneapolis, MN
- Colorado Springs, CO
- Seattle, WA
- Jersey City, NJ
- Phoenix, AZ
There’s nothing better for a dog owner than being able to have your pup by your side where ever you go! If you’re planning a trip with your pooch, consider one of these destinations that will have your dog fur-ever grateful. Yelp mentions that these cities are also “great for dog watching” for the puppy lovers who don’t have their own canine companion.
Featured image by Michael Lofenfeld/Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in your first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at US restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees