These Are the Top 10 Most Dog-Friendly US Cities
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
It’s no secret that our team here at TPG loves dogs (especially our @PointsPups Frenchies!)
Last Sunday, we honored National Dog Day with the release of our list of America’s 10 Best Dog-Friendly Beaches. Yelp celebrated the doggie holiday with a list of their own, naming the Top 10 Dog-Friendly Cities in the US. Yelp formulated the list of top cities for canines based on the number of dog parks, dog walkers and pet-friendly establishments including restaurants, bars, coffee shops, hotels and beaches in each location. To allow for geographic diversity, Yelp only included 2 cities per state.
Traveling with pets on airlines is getting more and more complicated, with carriers tightening their policies on pets and emotional support animals. It’s nice to know that once you and your four-legged friend land at one of these destinations, your pooch will be welcomed with open arms.
Let your dog run free at a dog park or dine by your side at a restaurant in one of these top pet-friendly cities:
- Arlington, VA
- Tampa, FL
- West Hollywood, CA
- Dallas, TX
- Portland, OR
- Minneapolis, MN
- Colorado Springs, CO
- Seattle, WA
- Jersey City, NJ
- Phoenix, AZ
There’s nothing better for a dog owner than being able to have your pup by your side where ever you go! If you’re planning a trip with your pooch, consider one of these destinations that will have your dog fur-ever grateful. Yelp mentions that these cities are also “great for dog watching” for the puppy lovers who don’t have their own canine companion.
Featured image by Michael Lofenfeld/Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 3X points on dining and 2x points on travel, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.