These Are the Most Popular Summer Attractions, According to Google
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Summer is finally upon us, and Google Maps is trying to help its users squeeze in the most sightseeing possible before Labor Day. On Wednesday, Google Maps introduced a feature to track the most popular tourist destinations across the US using its trend data.
Google Maps is listing its suggestions to fit the interests of most travelers, so whether you’re looking for a beach vacation under the sun or a more history-oriented trip, Google Maps has you covered.
In need of some Vitamin Sea? Search “That Summer Beach Life,” and Google Maps will pull up a list of especially Instagram-able ocean- and lake-side locations in America.
Does your geekiness expand beyond aviation? If your trips tend to revolve around seeking out historical monuments, search “Historical Landmarks” on Google Maps for a list of significant sites you can plan to visit.
Outdoor Adventure Excursions
If you’re looking for a more adventurous trip, search “US National Parks” in Google Maps, and a list of destinations fit for those who love to explore will appear. Grab your new hiking boots, binoculars and a backpack – you’ll need them!
Google Maps also compiles some of other convenient suggestions for travelers — from lodging to transportation — right in its app.
- Hotels: Google Maps shows hotels on its interface. You can book rooms directly from the app, and you can see descriptions and reviews relevant to the hotel.
- Rest stops: The nearest rest stop is always available to you with Google Maps.
- Airports: On the Google Maps mobile app and website, you can search for any airport (or terminal, for that matter) to acquaint yourself with out the layout. You can see gates, lounges, restaurants and stores.
- Local transit: If you need directions for local transit, Google Maps can give you navigation times, ETAs, and step-by-step notifications, just like with any other trip you take with Google Maps.
- Offline maps: You can now save regions of the map to your phone so that you can view it later without using up your data.
- Parking: On Google Maps, you can pin your parking location so that lots and garages are less disorienting.
Featured image by Jaap Arriens/NurPhoto via Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants in the first three months of card membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 Bonus Miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees