This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
The contest to redesign Chicago’s OHare International Airport (ORD) Terminal 2 just got even more intense. The just city just narrowed down the competition from 12 teams to just five.
The competition was set in motion to find a new design for the outdated Terminal 2. The remodel, in addition to a $8.5 billion price tag, is a massive undertaking with an expansion of about 60% from 5.5 to 8.9 million square feet. With a sleek design in mind, the final renovation plan will also have to house both domestic and international flights, its very own customs and immigration checkpoints, as well incorporate practical details like passenger circulation, security and baggage claim. And let’s not forget leave some space for Elon Musk’s high-speed transportation system, O’Hare Express.
Since narrowing down the competition to five, the city of Chicago has also posted in one-minute clips on the internet for the public to view (and vote on) until Jan. 31. Check out the competition below:
Team 1: Fentress-EXP-Brook-Garza
Team 2: Foster Epstein Moreno JV
Team 3: Studio ORD
Team 4: Skidmore, Owings & Merrill LLP
Team 5: Santiago Calatrava, LLC
So, who has your vote?
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points Terms Apply.
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: Delta Sky Club and Centurion lounge access, $200 annual airline fee credit and up to $200 in Uber credits annually
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- Enjoy Uber VIP status and free rides in the U.S. up to $15 each month, plus a bonus $20 in December. That can be up to $200 in annual Uber savings.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- 5X Membership Rewards points on prepaid hotels booked on amextravel.com.
- Enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts. Learn More.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- Get up to $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue on your Platinum Card®. Enrollment required.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees