This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
The contest to redesign Chicago’s OHare International Airport (ORD) Terminal 2 just got even more intense. The just city just narrowed down the competition from 12 teams to just five.
The competition was set in motion to find a new design for the outdated Terminal 2. The remodel, in addition to a $8.5 billion price tag, is a massive undertaking with an expansion of about 60% from 5.5 to 8.9 million square feet. With a sleek design in mind, the final renovation plan will also have to house both domestic and international flights, its very own customs and immigration checkpoints, as well incorporate practical details like passenger circulation, security and baggage claim. And let’s not forget leave some space for Elon Musk’s high-speed transportation system, O’Hare Express.
Since narrowing down the competition to five, the city of Chicago has also posted in one-minute clips on the internet for the public to view (and vote on) until Jan. 31. Check out the competition below:
Team 1: Fentress-EXP-Brook-Garza
Team 2: Foster Epstein Moreno JV
Team 3: Studio ORD
Team 4: Skidmore, Owings & Merrill LLP
Team 5: Santiago Calatrava, LLC
So, who has your vote?
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
LIMITED TIME OFFER: 70,000 Miles
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION: $980
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2x miles on AA purchases plus 2x miles at gas stations and at telecommunications merchants, cable and satellite providers and car rental merchants. Get your first checked bag free.
- Designed for businesses
- For a limited time: Earn 70,000 American Airlines AAdvantage® bonus miles after making $4,000 in purchases in first 4 months of account opening*
- First checked bag is free on domestic American Airlines itineraries to reduce travel costs and boost your bottom line*
- 25% savings on American Airlines inflight Wi-Fi when you use your card*
- Enjoy preferred boarding on American Airlines flights*
- Earn 2 AAdvantage® miles per $1 spent on eligible American Airlines purchases
- Earn 2 AAdvantage® miles per $1 spent on purchases at telecommunications merchants, cable and satellite providers, car rental merchants and at gas stations*
- Earn 1 AAdvantage® mile per $1 spent on other purchases*
- No Foreign Transaction Fees*