This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
The contest to redesign Chicago’s OHare International Airport (ORD) Terminal 2 just got even more intense. The just city just narrowed down the competition from 12 teams to just five.
The competition was set in motion to find a new design for the outdated Terminal 2. The remodel, in addition to a $8.5 billion price tag, is a massive undertaking with an expansion of about 60% from 5.5 to 8.9 million square feet. With a sleek design in mind, the final renovation plan will also have to house both domestic and international flights, its very own customs and immigration checkpoints, as well incorporate practical details like passenger circulation, security and baggage claim. And let’s not forget leave some space for Elon Musk’s high-speed transportation system, O’Hare Express.
Since narrowing down the competition to five, the city of Chicago has also posted in one-minute clips on the internet for the public to view (and vote on) until Jan. 31. Check out the competition below:
Team 1: Fentress-EXP-Brook-Garza
Team 2: Foster Epstein Moreno JV
Team 3: Studio ORD
Team 4: Skidmore, Owings & Merrill LLP
Team 5: Santiago Calatrava, LLC
So, who has your vote?
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
With great travel benefits, 2x points on travel & dining and a 50,000 point sign up bonus, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great card for those looking to get into the points and miles game. Here are the top 5 reasons it should be in your wallet, or read our definitive review for more details.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred named "Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption" - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, June 2018
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards