These 5 Finalists Could Win O’Hare’s $8.5 Billion Expansion Contract
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
The contest to redesign Chicago’s OHare International Airport (ORD) Terminal 2 just got even more intense. The just city just narrowed down the competition from 12 teams to just five.
The competition was set in motion to find a new design for the outdated Terminal 2. The remodel, in addition to a $8.5 billion price tag, is a massive undertaking with an expansion of about 60% from 5.5 to 8.9 million square feet. With a sleek design in mind, the final renovation plan will also have to house both domestic and international flights, its very own customs and immigration checkpoints, as well incorporate practical details like passenger circulation, security and baggage claim. And let’s not forget leave some space for Elon Musk’s high-speed transportation system, O’Hare Express.
Since narrowing down the competition to five, the city of Chicago has also posted in one-minute clips on the internet for the public to view (and vote on) until Jan. 31. Check out the competition below:
Team 1: Fentress-EXP-Brook-Garza
Team 2: Foster Epstein Moreno JV
Team 3: Studio ORD
Team 4: Skidmore, Owings & Merrill LLP
Team 5: Santiago Calatrava, LLC
So, who has your vote?
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees