These 5 Finalists Could Win O’Hare’s $8.5 Billion Expansion Contract
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
The contest to redesign Chicago’s OHare International Airport (ORD) Terminal 2 just got even more intense. The just city just narrowed down the competition from 12 teams to just five.
The competition was set in motion to find a new design for the outdated Terminal 2. The remodel, in addition to a $8.5 billion price tag, is a massive undertaking with an expansion of about 60% from 5.5 to 8.9 million square feet. With a sleek design in mind, the final renovation plan will also have to house both domestic and international flights, its very own customs and immigration checkpoints, as well incorporate practical details like passenger circulation, security and baggage claim. And let’s not forget leave some space for Elon Musk’s high-speed transportation system, O’Hare Express.
Since narrowing down the competition to five, the city of Chicago has also posted in one-minute clips on the internet for the public to view (and vote on) until Jan. 31. Check out the competition below:
Team 1: Fentress-EXP-Brook-Garza
Team 2: Foster Epstein Moreno JV
Team 3: Studio ORD
Team 4: Skidmore, Owings & Merrill LLP
Team 5: Santiago Calatrava, LLC
So, who has your vote?
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.