This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
You’re going to want to sit down for this one: There’s a wine theme park in France, and it looks like the stuff of dreams.
…If your dreams were located in Cité du Vin — The City of Wine — in Bordeaux, that is. This 80 million euro conglomerate attracts travelers from all over the world who want to sample 800 varieties of wine from 70 different countries (and maybe even take home a few bottles). If you want a little more of a thrill, you’ll want to check out the immersive, simulated boat ride where you can get a taste (pun intended) of what it would be like to be a sailing wine merchant.
The building itself was carefully designed, with metal twists and turns constructed to look like wine swirling around a glass. There aren’t any crazy thrill rides here, which is probably for the best, though — I don’t know about you guys, but I’m not about to hop on a rollercoaster after drinking my weight in Cabernet Sauvignon.
Tickets start at just $25 — and yes, they include a glass of wine.
Featured image courtesy Getty Images.
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points Terms Apply.
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: Delta Sky Club and Centurion lounge access, $200 annual airline fee credit and up to $200 in Uber credits annually
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- Enjoy Uber VIP status and free rides in the U.S. up to $15 each month, plus a bonus $20 in December. That can be up to $200 in annual Uber savings.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- 5X Membership Rewards points on prepaid hotels booked on amextravel.com.
- Enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts. Learn More.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- Get up to $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue on your Platinum Card®. Enrollment required.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees