There’s a Wine Theme Park in France and We Can’t Wait to Visit
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
You’re going to want to sit down for this one: There’s a wine theme park in France, and it looks like the stuff of dreams.
…If your dreams were located in Cité du Vin — The City of Wine — in Bordeaux, that is. This 80 million euro conglomerate attracts travelers from all over the world who want to sample 800 varieties of wine from 70 different countries (and maybe even take home a few bottles). If you want a little more of a thrill, you’ll want to check out the immersive, simulated boat ride where you can get a taste (pun intended) of what it would be like to be a sailing wine merchant.
The building itself was carefully designed, with metal twists and turns constructed to look like wine swirling around a glass. There aren’t any crazy thrill rides here, which is probably for the best, though — I don’t know about you guys, but I’m not about to hop on a rollercoaster after drinking my weight in Cabernet Sauvignon.
Tickets start at just $25 — and yes, they include a glass of wine.
Featured image courtesy Getty Images.
- Earn up to 70,000 bonus miles. Earn 60,000 bonus miles after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Plus, earn an additional 10,000 bonus miles after your first anniversary of Card Membership. Offer Expires 4/1/2020.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free and Main Cabin 1 Priority Boarding on Delta flights.
- New! Get ready for your next trip - spend $10,000 in purchases on your card in a calendar year and receive a $100 Delta Flight Credit to get you there sooner.
- Earn 2X Miles on Delta purchases, at restaurants worldwide and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a 20% savings in the form of a statement credit after you use your Card on eligible Delta in-flight purchases of food, beverages, and audio headsets.
- Enjoy a $0 introductory annual fee for the first year, then $99.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees