There’s a Wine Theme Park in France and We Can’t Wait to Visit
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
You’re going to want to sit down for this one: There’s a wine theme park in France, and it looks like the stuff of dreams.
…If your dreams were located in Cité du Vin — The City of Wine — in Bordeaux, that is. This 80 million euro conglomerate attracts travelers from all over the world who want to sample 800 varieties of wine from 70 different countries (and maybe even take home a few bottles). If you want a little more of a thrill, you’ll want to check out the immersive, simulated boat ride where you can get a taste (pun intended) of what it would be like to be a sailing wine merchant.
The building itself was carefully designed, with metal twists and turns constructed to look like wine swirling around a glass. There aren’t any crazy thrill rides here, which is probably for the best, though — I don’t know about you guys, but I’m not about to hop on a rollercoaster after drinking my weight in Cabernet Sauvignon.
Tickets start at just $25 — and yes, they include a glass of wine.
Featured image courtesy Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.