This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
You’re going to want to sit down for this one: There’s a wine theme park in France, and it looks like the stuff of dreams.
…If your dreams were located in Cité du Vin — The City of Wine — in Bordeaux, that is. This 80 million euro conglomerate attracts travelers from all over the world who want to sample 800 varieties of wine from 70 different countries (and maybe even take home a few bottles). If you want a little more of a thrill, you’ll want to check out the immersive, simulated boat ride where you can get a taste (pun intended) of what it would be like to be a sailing wine merchant.
The building itself was carefully designed, with metal twists and turns constructed to look like wine swirling around a glass. There aren’t any crazy thrill rides here, which is probably for the best, though — I don’t know about you guys, but I’m not about to hop on a rollercoaster after drinking my weight in Cabernet Sauvignon.
Tickets start at just $25 — and yes, they include a glass of wine.
Featured image courtesy Getty Images.
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
Aside from the 75,000 points welcome bonus, Amex recently made huge improvements to the Business Platinum Card, including the fact that you will now earn 50% more points on purchases of $5,000 or more, earn 5x on flights and eligible hotels at Amextravel.com and cardholders will receive a $200 airline fee credit each year.
- Welcome Offer: Earn up to 75,000 Membership Rewards® points.
- Earn 50,000 Membership Rewards® points after you spend $10,000 and an extra 25,000 points after you spend an additional $10,000 all on qualifying purchases within your first 3 months of Card Membership.
- Get 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights and prepaid hotels on amextravel.com.
- Get 50% more Membership Rewards® points. That's 1.5 points per dollar, on each eligible purchase of $5,000 or more. You can get up to 1 million additional points per year.
- 35% Airline Bonus: Use Membership Rewards® Pay with Points for all or part of a flight with your selected qualifying airline, and you can get 35% of the points back, up to 500,000 bonus points per calendar year.
- Enroll to get up to $200 in statement credits annually by getting up to $100 semi-annually for U.S. purchases with Dell. Terms apply.
- Get one year of Platinum Global Access from WeWork. With this membership, you can access 300+ premium, inspiring workspaces in 75+ cities. To get this exclusive offer, enroll between 2/15/2019 and 12/31/2019.
- Terms Apply
- See Rates & Fees