This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Beer connoisseurs, mark your calendars. On February 21, 2019, BrewDog’s chartered Boeing 767 is taking flight, and holding what they have dubbed, “the world’s highest ever beer tasting,” according to the brewery’s website.
BrewDog is a Scottish brewery, which will charter the flight to show appreciation to its shareholders — along with 10 lucky beer enthusiasts who win tickets. The flight will depart from London Stansted Airport (STN) and arrive in Columbus, Ohio (CMH), where BrewDog’s US brewery is located.
During the nine-hour flight, passengers will be the first to sample a new beer, “designed to taste better at 30,00 feet,” BrewDog says. The brewery has also developed an inflight menu that pairs with its craft beer. When passengers are not busy helping themselves to the libations on board, they can dig into amenity kits equipped with a BrewDog eye mask and a BrewDog blanket.
In Columbus, participants will get a tour of the brewery’s DogHouse Columbus — the world’s first beer hotel, equipped with a spa with beer-infused remedies and beer pong in the lobby. Travelers will also spend two days exploring the Columbus bar and restaurant scene.
If you’re interested in this beer excursion, there are a few requirements (other than, obviously, being of drinking age). Non-shareholders can enter to win one of the 10 spots being given away by tagging a friend in its Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram posts.
Images by BrewDog.
Featured image via Shutterstock.
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points Terms Apply.
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: Delta Sky Club and Centurion lounge access, $200 annual airline fee credit and up to $200 in Uber credits annually
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- Enjoy Uber VIP status and free rides in the U.S. up to $15 each month, plus a bonus $20 in December. That can be up to $200 in annual Uber savings.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- 5X Membership Rewards points on prepaid hotels booked on amextravel.com.
- Enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts. Learn More.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- Get up to $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue on your Platinum Card®. Enrollment required.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees