The World’s First Craft Beer Flight to Take Skies in 2019
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Beer connoisseurs, mark your calendars. On February 21, 2019, BrewDog’s chartered Boeing 767 is taking flight, and holding what they have dubbed, “the world’s highest ever beer tasting,” according to the brewery’s website.
BrewDog is a Scottish brewery, which will charter the flight to show appreciation to its shareholders — along with 10 lucky beer enthusiasts who win tickets. The flight will depart from London Stansted Airport (STN) and arrive in Columbus, Ohio (CMH), where BrewDog’s US brewery is located.
During the nine-hour flight, passengers will be the first to sample a new beer, “designed to taste better at 30,00 feet,” BrewDog says. The brewery has also developed an inflight menu that pairs with its craft beer. When passengers are not busy helping themselves to the libations on board, they can dig into amenity kits equipped with a BrewDog eye mask and a BrewDog blanket.
In Columbus, participants will get a tour of the brewery’s DogHouse Columbus — the world’s first beer hotel, equipped with a spa with beer-infused remedies and beer pong in the lobby. Travelers will also spend two days exploring the Columbus bar and restaurant scene.
If you’re interested in this beer excursion, there are a few requirements (other than, obviously, being of drinking age). Non-shareholders can enter to win one of the 10 spots being given away by tagging a friend in its Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram posts.
Images by BrewDog.
Featured image via Shutterstock.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 3X points on dining and 2x points on travel, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.