The World’s First Craft Beer Flight to Take Skies in 2019
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Beer connoisseurs, mark your calendars. On February 21, 2019, BrewDog’s chartered Boeing 767 is taking flight, and holding what they have dubbed, “the world’s highest ever beer tasting,” according to the brewery’s website.
BrewDog is a Scottish brewery, which will charter the flight to show appreciation to its shareholders — along with 10 lucky beer enthusiasts who win tickets. The flight will depart from London Stansted Airport (STN) and arrive in Columbus, Ohio (CMH), where BrewDog’s US brewery is located.
During the nine-hour flight, passengers will be the first to sample a new beer, “designed to taste better at 30,00 feet,” BrewDog says. The brewery has also developed an inflight menu that pairs with its craft beer. When passengers are not busy helping themselves to the libations on board, they can dig into amenity kits equipped with a BrewDog eye mask and a BrewDog blanket.
In Columbus, participants will get a tour of the brewery’s DogHouse Columbus — the world’s first beer hotel, equipped with a spa with beer-infused remedies and beer pong in the lobby. Travelers will also spend two days exploring the Columbus bar and restaurant scene.
If you’re interested in this beer excursion, there are a few requirements (other than, obviously, being of drinking age). Non-shareholders can enter to win one of the 10 spots being given away by tagging a friend in its Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram posts.
Images by BrewDog.
Featured image via Shutterstock.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees