This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Beer connoisseurs, mark your calendars. On February 21, 2019, BrewDog’s chartered Boeing 767 is taking flight, and holding what they have dubbed, “the world’s highest ever beer tasting,” according to the brewery’s website.
BrewDog is a Scottish brewery, which will charter the flight to show appreciation to its shareholders — along with 10 lucky beer enthusiasts who win tickets. The flight will depart from London Stansted Airport (STN) and arrive in Columbus, Ohio (CMH), where BrewDog’s US brewery is located.
During the nine-hour flight, passengers will be the first to sample a new beer, “designed to taste better at 30,00 feet,” BrewDog says. The brewery has also developed an inflight menu that pairs with its craft beer. When passengers are not busy helping themselves to the libations on board, they can dig into amenity kits equipped with a BrewDog eye mask and a BrewDog blanket.
In Columbus, participants will get a tour of the brewery’s DogHouse Columbus — the world’s first beer hotel, equipped with a spa with beer-infused remedies and beer pong in the lobby. Travelers will also spend two days exploring the Columbus bar and restaurant scene.
If you’re interested in this beer excursion, there are a few requirements (other than, obviously, being of drinking age). Non-shareholders can enter to win one of the 10 spots being given away by tagging a friend in its Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram posts.
Images by BrewDog.
Featured image via Shutterstock.
With some great bonus categories, the American Express Gold Card has a lot going for it. The card offers 4x points at US restaurants, at US supermarkets (up to $25,000; then 1x), and 3x points on flights booked directly with airlines or through amextravel.com. It is currently offering a welcome bonus of 35,000 bonus points after you spend $2,000 in the first three months.
- Earn 35,000 Membership Rewards® Points after you spend $2,000 on eligible purchases with your new Card within the first 3 months.
- Earn 4X Membership Rewards® points at U.S. restaurants. Earn 4X Membership Rewards® points at U.S. supermarkets (on up to $25,000 per year in purchases, then 1X).
- Earn 3X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or on amextravel.com.
- Earn up to $10 in statement credits monthly when you pay with The Gold Card at Grubhub, Seamless, The Cheesecake Factory, Shake Shack, and Ruth's Chris Steak House. This is an annual savings of up to $120. Enrollment required.
- $100 Airline Fee Credit: up to $100 in statement credits per calendar year for incidental fees at one selected qualifying airline.
- Choose to carry a balance with interest on eligible charges of $100 or more.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- Annual Fee is $250.
- Terms apply.
- See Rates & Fees