The World’s First Craft Beer Flight to Take Skies in 2019
Beer connoisseurs, mark your calendars. On February 21, 2019, BrewDog’s chartered Boeing 767 is taking flight, and holding what they have dubbed, “the world’s highest ever beer tasting,” according to the brewery’s website.
BrewDog is a Scottish brewery, which will charter the flight to show appreciation to its shareholders — along with 10 lucky beer enthusiasts who win tickets. The flight will depart from London Stansted Airport (STN) and arrive in Columbus, Ohio (CMH), where BrewDog’s US brewery is located.
During the nine-hour flight, passengers will be the first to sample a new beer, “designed to taste better at 30,00 feet,” BrewDog says. The brewery has also developed an inflight menu that pairs with its craft beer. When passengers are not busy helping themselves to the libations on board, they can dig into amenity kits equipped with a BrewDog eye mask and a BrewDog blanket.
In Columbus, participants will get a tour of the brewery’s DogHouse Columbus — the world’s first beer hotel, equipped with a spa with beer-infused remedies and beer pong in the lobby. Travelers will also spend two days exploring the Columbus bar and restaurant scene.
If you’re interested in this beer excursion, there are a few requirements (other than, obviously, being of drinking age). Non-shareholders can enter to win one of the 10 spots being given away by tagging a friend in its Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram posts.
Images by BrewDog.
Featured image via Shutterstock.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.