The UK’s Hottest Tourist Attraction Is… a Plastic Tunnel
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
New York’s hottest club may be whatever Stefon Meyers is preaching about on the latest episode of “Saturday Night Live,” but the UK’s hottest tourist attraction is a plastic tunnel. Yup, really.
People are traveling to Bude, a seaside town in north Cornwall, England, to visit a tunnel that connects a supermarket to a parking lot. It was built to protect shoppers from the elements, but has turned into a larger-than-life phenomenon. This is not a joke — they’re even comparing it to the Sistine Chapel and the ruins of Pompeii. It’s ranked as the town’s No. 1 thing to do (out of 50 other destinations) on TripAdvisor and even has its own Facebook page. Allegedly, you have to see it to believe it.
Speaking of TripAdvisor, some of these reviews are wild. Don’t believe us? See for yourself:
And then, of course, there’s this:
Admission is free and is apparently the only place in the town you can walk in a continuous straight line, and all ages are welcome.
So if you happen to find yourself on the English countryside any time soon, maybe it’s time to visit this magical, “great for a divorce,” plastic wonderland — and don’t forget to report back to us, would you?
Featured image by Google News.
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.