The UK’s Hottest Tourist Attraction Is… a Plastic Tunnel
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
New York’s hottest club may be whatever Stefon Meyers is preaching about on the latest episode of “Saturday Night Live,” but the UK’s hottest tourist attraction is a plastic tunnel. Yup, really.
People are traveling to Bude, a seaside town in north Cornwall, England, to visit a tunnel that connects a supermarket to a parking lot. It was built to protect shoppers from the elements, but has turned into a larger-than-life phenomenon. This is not a joke — they’re even comparing it to the Sistine Chapel and the ruins of Pompeii. It’s ranked as the town’s No. 1 thing to do (out of 50 other destinations) on TripAdvisor and even has its own Facebook page. Allegedly, you have to see it to believe it.
Speaking of TripAdvisor, some of these reviews are wild. Don’t believe us? See for yourself:
And then, of course, there’s this:
Admission is free and is apparently the only place in the town you can walk in a continuous straight line, and all ages are welcome.
So if you happen to find yourself on the English countryside any time soon, maybe it’s time to visit this magical, “great for a divorce,” plastic wonderland — and don’t forget to report back to us, would you?
Featured image by Google News.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.