This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
New York’s hottest club may be whatever Stefon Meyers is preaching about on the latest episode of “Saturday Night Live,” but the UK’s hottest tourist attraction is a plastic tunnel. Yup, really.
People are traveling to Bude, a seaside town in north Cornwall, England, to visit a tunnel that connects a supermarket to a parking lot. It was built to protect shoppers from the elements, but has turned into a larger-than-life phenomenon. This is not a joke — they’re even comparing it to the Sistine Chapel and the ruins of Pompeii. It’s ranked as the town’s No. 1 thing to do (out of 50 other destinations) on TripAdvisor and even has its own Facebook page. Allegedly, you have to see it to believe it.
Speaking of TripAdvisor, some of these reviews are wild. Don’t believe us? See for yourself:
And then, of course, there’s this:
Admission is free and is apparently the only place in the town you can walk in a continuous straight line, and all ages are welcome.
So if you happen to find yourself on the English countryside any time soon, maybe it’s time to visit this magical, “great for a divorce,” plastic wonderland — and don’t forget to report back to us, would you?
Featured image by Google News.
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points Terms Apply.
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: Delta Sky Club and Centurion lounge access, $200 annual airline fee credit and up to $200 in Uber credits annually
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- Enjoy Uber VIP status and free rides in the U.S. up to $15 each month, plus a bonus $20 in December. That can be up to $200 in annual Uber savings.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- 5X Membership Rewards points on prepaid hotels booked on amextravel.com.
- Enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts. Learn More.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- Get up to $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue on your Platinum Card®. Enrollment required.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees