The travel, loyalty and credit card brands that won the 2019 TPG Awards — and more
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Each Saturday, we round up the top miles, points and travel news that you might have missed on TPG this week. Here’s what you need to know:
The 2019 TPG Awards was a night to remember as we celebrated the best of the best in travel, loyalty and credit cards. Carly Rae Jepsen performed a private show, DJ duo Icona Pop spun at the after-party, and we honored the lifetime achievements of women pioneers: Mathematician Katherine Johnson, who helped put the first man on the moon; Captain Beverley Bass, who was one of the first female pilots hired by American Airlines; and Selene Saavedra Roman, a flight attendant who was freed from ICE detention after TPG reporter Michael Park shared her story.
At the TPG Awards, a total of 31 awards were handed out — check out our full recaps of the credit card winners and travel & loyalty program honorees, and find out how you can score your own epic swag bag worth up to $1,300.
People steal the darndest things from hotel rooms — including mattresses, according to this new study.
Several female pilots and flight attendants are suing low-cost Frontier Airlines, alleging that the carrier discriminated against pregnant and nursing employees, according to a federal lawsuit filed on December 10.
Buy $250 worth of Delta gift cards, earn a $25 Best Buy gift card and possibly even 1,250 in Ultimate Rewards points to boot.
Some targeted travelers can now spend their way to status instead of playing the miles or segments game.
Here’s the science behind firm landings.
Spoiler alert: TPG writer Carissa Rawson walked away with a suitcase full of syrup and spaghetti.
Short of catching a helicopter ride, that is.
We bow before the Disney queen.
Talking Points: Why British Airways Avios should matter to you
Why do seasoned US travelers value British Airways miles so highly? Learn how Avios can get you to Hawaii for cheap in this episode of TPG’s podcast Talking Points.
Featured photo by Getty Images.
WELCOME OFFER: 30,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: up to $100 annual CLEAR statement credit, up to $100 annual LoungeBuddy statement credit, 3x points on travel and transit, 3x points on restaurants worldwide
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 30,000 Membership Rewards® points after you spend $2,000 on purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Earn 3X Membership Rewards® points on all eligible travel, from subway swipes and window seats to hotel stays and city tours.
- Earn 3X Membership Rewards® points at restaurants worldwide.
- Receive up to $100 per year in statement credits when you use the American Express® Green Card to pay for your CLEAR® membership at select airports and stadiums across the U.S. and Permissible Biometric Scanning Technology terms: eye scanning, irises scanning and fingerprints scanning.
- Use the American Express® Green Card to purchase lounge access through LoungeBuddy to any of the lounges in the LoungeBuddy network – no memberships, elite statuses, or first class tickets required. Earn up to $100 in statement credits per calendar year on your LoungeBuddy purchases.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $150 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees