The travel, loyalty and credit card brands that won the 2019 TPG Awards — and more
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Each Saturday, we round up the top miles, points and travel news that you might have missed on TPG this week. Here’s what you need to know:
The 2019 TPG Awards was a night to remember as we celebrated the best of the best in travel, loyalty and credit cards. Carly Rae Jepsen performed a private show, DJ duo Icona Pop spun at the after-party, and we honored the lifetime achievements of women pioneers: Mathematician Katherine Johnson, who helped put the first man on the moon; Captain Beverley Bass, who was one of the first female pilots hired by American Airlines; and Selene Saavedra Roman, a flight attendant who was freed from ICE detention after TPG reporter Michael Park shared her story.
At the TPG Awards, a total of 31 awards were handed out — check out our full recaps of the credit card winners and travel & loyalty program honorees, and find out how you can score your own epic swag bag worth up to $1,300.
People steal the darndest things from hotel rooms — including mattresses, according to this new study.
Several female pilots and flight attendants are suing low-cost Frontier Airlines, alleging that the carrier discriminated against pregnant and nursing employees, according to a federal lawsuit filed on December 10.
Buy $250 worth of Delta gift cards, earn a $25 Best Buy gift card and possibly even 1,250 in Ultimate Rewards points to boot.
Some targeted travelers can now spend their way to status instead of playing the miles or segments game.
Here’s the science behind firm landings.
Spoiler alert: TPG writer Carissa Rawson walked away with a suitcase full of syrup and spaghetti.
Short of catching a helicopter ride, that is.
We bow before the Disney queen.
Talking Points: Why British Airways Avios should matter to you
Why do seasoned US travelers value British Airways miles so highly? Learn how Avios can get you to Hawaii for cheap in this episode of TPG’s podcast Talking Points.
Featured photo by Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees