The travel, loyalty and credit card brands that won the 2019 TPG Awards — and more
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Each Saturday, we round up the top miles, points and travel news that you might have missed on TPG this week. Here’s what you need to know:
The 2019 TPG Awards was a night to remember as we celebrated the best of the best in travel, loyalty and credit cards. Carly Rae Jepsen performed a private show, DJ duo Icona Pop spun at the after-party, and we honored the lifetime achievements of women pioneers: Mathematician Katherine Johnson, who helped put the first man on the moon; Captain Beverley Bass, who was one of the first female pilots hired by American Airlines; and Selene Saavedra Roman, a flight attendant who was freed from ICE detention after TPG reporter Michael Park shared her story.
At the TPG Awards, a total of 31 awards were handed out — check out our full recaps of the credit card winners and travel & loyalty program honorees, and find out how you can score your own epic swag bag worth up to $1,300.
People steal the darndest things from hotel rooms — including mattresses, according to this new study.
Several female pilots and flight attendants are suing low-cost Frontier Airlines, alleging that the carrier discriminated against pregnant and nursing employees, according to a federal lawsuit filed on December 10.
Buy $250 worth of Delta gift cards, earn a $25 Best Buy gift card and possibly even 1,250 in Ultimate Rewards points to boot.
Some targeted travelers can now spend their way to status instead of playing the miles or segments game.
Here’s the science behind firm landings.
Spoiler alert: TPG writer Carissa Rawson walked away with a suitcase full of syrup and spaghetti.
Short of catching a helicopter ride, that is.
We bow before the Disney queen.
Talking Points: Why British Airways Avios should matter to you
Why do seasoned US travelers value British Airways miles so highly? Learn how Avios can get you to Hawaii for cheap in this episode of TPG’s podcast Talking Points.
Featured photo by Getty Images.
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.