The Shortest Routes on a Dash 8 Turboprop
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
What’s the world’s shortest “Dash 8” flight?
Earlier this week we showed you the longest airline routes flown by the De Havilland Canada Dash 8 turboprop, so now it’s time to look at the shortest.
The routes, compiled by flight-data firm OAG, showed the shortest regularly scheduled Dash 8 flights around the world that operate at least once a week as of July 22.
The very shortest one is measured in single-digit mileage! Scroll down for the full top (or should we say, bottom) 10:
- Kitadaito, Japan (KTD) – Minamidaito, Japan (MMD), Ryukyu Air Commuter, 8 miles
- Jersey (JER) – Guernsey (GCI), Flybe, 24 miles
- Vancouver, British Columbia (YVR) – Nanaimo Cassidy, British Columbia (YCD), Air Canada and WestJet 32 miles
- Vancouver, British Columbia (YVR) – Victoria, British Columbia (YYJ), Air Canada and WestJet, 39 miles
- Miyako, Japan (MMY) – Tarama, Japan (TRA), Ryukyu Air Commuter, 39 miles
- Luxembourg (LUX) – Saarbrücken, Germany (SCN), Luxair, 49 miles
- Terceira Island, Portugal (TER) – Graciosa Island, Portugal (GRW), SATA Air Açores, 55 miles
- Almaty, Kazakhstan (ALA) – Tamchy, Kyrgyzstan (IKU), Qazaq Air, 55 miles
- Terceira Island, Portugal (TER) – São Jorge Island, Portugal (SJZ), SATA Air Acores, 58 miles
- Okinawa, Japan (OKA) – Kume Jima, Japan (UEO), Ryukyu Air Commuter, 58 miles
Source: OAG. Data looked at all regularly scheduled airline flights operating at least once a week during the week of July 22. Some flights may be operated for regional affiliates under the name of larger mainline carriers.
The article has been updated with the correct spelling of Terceira Island.
Featured image courtesy of Shutterstock.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 3X points on dining and 2x points on travel, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.