The Shortest Routes on a Dash 8 Turboprop
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
What’s the world’s shortest “Dash 8” flight?
Earlier this week we showed you the longest airline routes flown by the De Havilland Canada Dash 8 turboprop, so now it’s time to look at the shortest.
The routes, compiled by flight-data firm OAG, showed the shortest regularly scheduled Dash 8 flights around the world that operate at least once a week as of July 22.
The very shortest one is measured in single-digit mileage! Scroll down for the full top (or should we say, bottom) 10:
- Kitadaito, Japan (KTD) – Minamidaito, Japan (MMD), Ryukyu Air Commuter, 8 miles
- Jersey (JER) – Guernsey (GCI), Flybe, 24 miles
- Vancouver, British Columbia (YVR) – Nanaimo Cassidy, British Columbia (YCD), Air Canada and WestJet 32 miles
- Vancouver, British Columbia (YVR) – Victoria, British Columbia (YYJ), Air Canada and WestJet, 39 miles
- Miyako, Japan (MMY) – Tarama, Japan (TRA), Ryukyu Air Commuter, 39 miles
- Luxembourg (LUX) – Saarbrücken, Germany (SCN), Luxair, 49 miles
- Terceira Island, Portugal (TER) – Graciosa Island, Portugal (GRW), SATA Air Açores, 55 miles
- Almaty, Kazakhstan (ALA) – Tamchy, Kyrgyzstan (IKU), Qazaq Air, 55 miles
- Terceira Island, Portugal (TER) – São Jorge Island, Portugal (SJZ), SATA Air Acores, 58 miles
- Okinawa, Japan (OKA) – Kume Jima, Japan (UEO), Ryukyu Air Commuter, 58 miles
Source: OAG. Data looked at all regularly scheduled airline flights operating at least once a week during the week of July 22. Some flights may be operated for regional affiliates under the name of larger mainline carriers.
The article has been updated with the correct spelling of Terceira Island.
Featured image courtesy of Shutterstock.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases within the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn a $200 statement credit after your first Delta purchase within the first three months. Offer ends 7/28/21.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles after spending $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months and a $200 statement credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Limited Time Offer: Plus, get a 0% intro APR on purchases for 12 months from the date of account opening, then a variable 15.74%-24.74%. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees