The Real Queens of the Skies: JetBlue Debuts Drag-Race Inspired Plane, Video
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
What’s an airline to do when traveling queens don’t pay attention to safety briefings these days? Have the message delivered by some truly eye-catching announcers, of course. In honor of Pride Month, JetBlue invited drag queens Trixie Mattel and Bob the Drag Queen of RuPaul’s Drag Race to deliver a pre-flight announcement that was as fierce as it was fabulous.
“You can sashay this way, or you can sashay that way, but keep in mind the nearest way way to sashay may be behind you,” Bob purred at passengers while Trixie pointed out the nearest exits on the plane, named “Shantay, Blue Stay” by JetBlue after RuPaul’s signature phrase, “Shantay, you stay.”
With these two at the helm, safety is priority #1 (although glam is a very close second). As Twitter user Vicki Fisher commented, “More people would listen to the safety announcements with these two!!” Now if only these queens could have delivered the announcement from the deck of the Queen of the Skies…
As one of the most notable names in the drag community, Trixie definitely knows what it takes to become an elite traveler. She tells TPG all about traveling in drag, her flying rituals and shares where her loyalty lies on our Talking Points podcast.
Featured photo courtesy of VH1.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.