The Real Queens of the Skies: JetBlue Debuts Drag-Race Inspired Plane, Video
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
What’s an airline to do when traveling queens don’t pay attention to safety briefings these days? Have the message delivered by some truly eye-catching announcers, of course. In honor of Pride Month, JetBlue invited drag queens Trixie Mattel and Bob the Drag Queen of RuPaul’s Drag Race to deliver a pre-flight announcement that was as fierce as it was fabulous.
“You can sashay this way, or you can sashay that way, but keep in mind the nearest way way to sashay may be behind you,” Bob purred at passengers while Trixie pointed out the nearest exits on the plane, named “Shantay, Blue Stay” by JetBlue after RuPaul’s signature phrase, “Shantay, you stay.”
With these two at the helm, safety is priority #1 (although glam is a very close second). As Twitter user Vicki Fisher commented, “More people would listen to the safety announcements with these two!!” Now if only these queens could have delivered the announcement from the deck of the Queen of the Skies…
As one of the most notable names in the drag community, Trixie definitely knows what it takes to become an elite traveler. She tells TPG all about traveling in drag, her flying rituals and shares where her loyalty lies on our Talking Points podcast.
Featured photo courtesy of VH1.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 2x total points on up to $1,000 in grocery store purchases per month from November 1, 2020 to April 30, 2021. Includes eligible pick-up and delivery services.