The Real Queens of the Skies: JetBlue Debuts Drag-Race Inspired Plane, Video
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
What’s an airline to do when traveling queens don’t pay attention to safety briefings these days? Have the message delivered by some truly eye-catching announcers, of course. In honor of Pride Month, JetBlue invited drag queens Trixie Mattel and Bob the Drag Queen of RuPaul’s Drag Race to deliver a pre-flight announcement that was as fierce as it was fabulous.
“You can sashay this way, or you can sashay that way, but keep in mind the nearest way way to sashay may be behind you,” Bob purred at passengers while Trixie pointed out the nearest exits on the plane, named “Shantay, Blue Stay” by JetBlue after RuPaul’s signature phrase, “Shantay, you stay.”
With these two at the helm, safety is priority #1 (although glam is a very close second). As Twitter user Vicki Fisher commented, “More people would listen to the safety announcements with these two!!” Now if only these queens could have delivered the announcement from the deck of the Queen of the Skies…
As one of the most notable names in the drag community, Trixie definitely knows what it takes to become an elite traveler. She tells TPG all about traveling in drag, her flying rituals and shares where her loyalty lies on our Talking Points podcast.
Featured photo courtesy of VH1.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in your first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at US restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees