The priciest U.S. airports, how to handle food poisoning on a flight, and more
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Each Saturday, we round up the top miles, points and travel news that you might have missed on TPG this week. Here’s what you need to know:
A TPG staffer got violently ill on a long-haul flight from Cape Town to Paris. Here’s what happened, and what precautions you can take if you ever find yourself in the same situation.
One of United’s planes is rocking a new look.
This almost always means bad news for loyal customers, and things already weren’t looking good.
If you’re going to lose out because of United’s changes, here are some alternatives.
A number of historical buildings have been impacted.
We based our metrics on factors such as the average price of a flight, the daily parking rates and the cost of a 12-ounce black coffee.
Here’s what’s you should know.
Nothing was quite right or ready, from the water park to the pool to even the credit card machine at checkout.
In one of the most customer-friendly moves in the travel industry this year, Expedia announced that it will lower search results for hotels with resort fees
ICYMI: Meet the veterans who work for The Points Guy
Take a moment to learn about the veterans on our staff here at TPG.
Featured photo by Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 3X points on dining and 2x points on travel, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.