The Points Guy hires travel journalist Laura Motta as Editorial Director
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
We’re really excited to announce another great hire joining our team at The Points Guy.
Laura Motta is coming on as Editorial Director and will help me run our newsroom as our team continues to grow.
TPG has seen explosive growth, and now has more than 100 employees. In 2019, we saw a 27% increase in visitors and published more than 8,000 posts. We also saw a 32% year-over-year increase in new visitors (more than 80 million unique visitors). I could not be more excited to have Laura’s insight and energy as we bring even more travel tips, news and advice to our audience.
Motta is a New York City-based travel editor and writer who has spent the last nine years leading content teams at ShermansTravel, not to mention darting around the world on assignments. Before that, she was an expat in Europe, where she got sunburned on many French and Italian beaches and enjoyed macarons in a variety of flavors.
She has held staff positions at Travelzoo, NBC/iVillage and Everyday Health and counts Sardinia, Palm Springs, New Orleans and Marseille among her favorite travel destinations. Laura hails from northeastern Massachusetts and is a graduate of Emerson College.
“We’re excited for Laura to join The Points Guy,” said TPG founder and CEO Brian Kelly, “At the core of what The Points Guy does is providing value to our readers. Laura has extensive experience at hunting out the best travel deals in the market working at places like Travelzoo and ShermansTravel. We’re looking forward to Laura bringing her knowledge to help our audience travel more for less.”
Laura told us:
“I’m thrilled to join the team at The Points Guy, especially at this very exciting moment for the brand. I’m looking forward to helping shape its voice for the future, and nurture its many talented writers and editors as they create the most dynamic, detailed, and helpful travel advice online. I feel passionately about travel and its power to shift the bedrock of everyday life, whether that means venturing across oceans or just exploring a new neighborhood in town. I could not be more excited to share that with the team, and all of TPG’s readers.”
If you want to join our team at TPG, check out our current job openings here. Be sure to check back frequently, as we will have more openings in the near future.
Welcome aboard, Laura.
Featured photo of The Points Guy’s new headquarters on 5th Avenue in New York by Riley Arthur/The Points Guy.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in your first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at US restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees