Video: The Points Guy Explains Why Chase Adding Emirates as a Transfer Partner Is a Big Deal
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Chase recently added Emirates as an Ultimate Rewards transfer partner, making for one of the hottest headlines in the points and miles world.
But what’s the significance of this move, and why is this addition such a big deal? In this week’s episode of “Being The Points Guy,” Brian Kelly breaks down just what it means for travelers to be able to book Emirates flights using Ultimate Rewards points. Spoiler alert: Find out how you can take a shower at 35,000 feet up for just $181.70 and 85,000 miles.
However, there are some caveats and fees you’ll need to know about booking award flights on Emirates.
If you aren’t familiar with the Middle East’s Big 3 carriers, this week’s episode also gives you a little crash course on what you can expect from the Emirates experience if Chase’s new transfer partnership gives you a reason to try out the airline for the first time. So click on the link above and start planning your next trip!
Enjoy this video? Check back in with us for more episodes of “Being The Points Guy” every week. And if you’ve fallen behind, catch up here.
Featured image by Alberto Riva/TPG.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.