Video: The Points Guy Explains Why Chase Adding Emirates as a Transfer Partner Is a Big Deal
Chase recently added Emirates as an Ultimate Rewards transfer partner, making for one of the hottest headlines in the points and miles world.
But what’s the significance of this move, and why is this addition such a big deal? In this week’s episode of “Being The Points Guy,” Brian Kelly breaks down just what it means for travelers to be able to book Emirates flights using Ultimate Rewards points. Spoiler alert: Find out how you can take a shower at 35,000 feet up for just $181.70 and 85,000 miles.
However, there are some caveats and fees you’ll need to know about booking award flights on Emirates.
If you aren’t familiar with the Middle East’s Big 3 carriers, this week’s episode also gives you a little crash course on what you can expect from the Emirates experience if Chase’s new transfer partnership gives you a reason to try out the airline for the first time. So click on the link above and start planning your next trip!
Enjoy this video? Check back in with us for more episodes of “Being The Points Guy” every week. And if you’ve fallen behind, catch up here.
Featured image by Alberto Riva/TPG.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees