Video: The Points Guy Explains Why Chase Adding Emirates as a Transfer Partner Is a Big Deal
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Chase recently added Emirates as an Ultimate Rewards transfer partner, making for one of the hottest headlines in the points and miles world.
But what’s the significance of this move, and why is this addition such a big deal? In this week’s episode of “Being The Points Guy,” Brian Kelly breaks down just what it means for travelers to be able to book Emirates flights using Ultimate Rewards points. Spoiler alert: Find out how you can take a shower at 35,000 feet up for just $181.70 and 85,000 miles.
However, there are some caveats and fees you’ll need to know about booking award flights on Emirates.
If you aren’t familiar with the Middle East’s Big 3 carriers, this week’s episode also gives you a little crash course on what you can expect from the Emirates experience if Chase’s new transfer partnership gives you a reason to try out the airline for the first time. So click on the link above and start planning your next trip!
Enjoy this video? Check back in with us for more episodes of “Being The Points Guy” every week. And if you’ve fallen behind, catch up here.
Featured image by Alberto Riva/TPG.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.