Video: The Points Guy Explains Why Chase Adding Emirates as a Transfer Partner Is a Big Deal
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Chase recently added Emirates as an Ultimate Rewards transfer partner, making for one of the hottest headlines in the points and miles world.
But what’s the significance of this move, and why is this addition such a big deal? In this week’s episode of “Being The Points Guy,” Brian Kelly breaks down just what it means for travelers to be able to book Emirates flights using Ultimate Rewards points. Spoiler alert: Find out how you can take a shower at 35,000 feet up for just $181.70 and 85,000 miles.
However, there are some caveats and fees you’ll need to know about booking award flights on Emirates.
If you aren’t familiar with the Middle East’s Big 3 carriers, this week’s episode also gives you a little crash course on what you can expect from the Emirates experience if Chase’s new transfer partnership gives you a reason to try out the airline for the first time. So click on the link above and start planning your next trip!
Enjoy this video? Check back in with us for more episodes of “Being The Points Guy” every week. And if you’ve fallen behind, catch up here.
Featured image by Alberto Riva/TPG.
This card from Bank of America gets really interesting if you have a BofA checking, savings or investment account. Depending on the value of your combined accounts you can potentially get as much as 3.5x points on travel/dining and 2.625x points on other purchases making it the richest consumer banking bonus out there.
- Receive 50,000 bonus points – a $500 value – after you make at least $3,000 in purchases in the first 90 days of account opening
- Earn unlimited 2 points for every $1 spent on travel and dining purchases and unlimited 1.5 points per $1 spent on all other purchases
- If you're a Bank of America Preferred Rewards member, you can earn 25%-75% more points on every purchase
- No limit to the points you can earn and your points don't expire
- Redeem for cash back as a statement credit, deposit into eligible Bank of America® accounts, credit to eligible Merrill accounts, or gift cards or purchases at the Bank of America Travel Center
- Get up to $200 in combined airline incidental and airport expedited screening statement credits + valuable travel insurance protections
- No Foreign Transaction Fees
- Low $95 annual fee