This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
JetBlue has promoted Joanna Geraghty to president and chief operating officer, making her the highest ranking woman at any large US airline.
She will report directly to JetBlue CEO Robin Hayes. According to JetBlue, she will “manage the day-to-day airline operation, focusing on efforts to deliver a leading customer service experience, execute key structural cost initiatives and enhance operational performance.”
Geraghty was promoted from her current position of executive vice president of customer experience at the New York-based airline.
According to Bloomberg, Geraghty will be the the highest ranking woman in an industry that’s typically dominated by men. According to a 2014 article from Skift, only 5% of airline CEOs around the world were women. She joined JetBlue in 2005 and has worked her way up the ranks over the last 13 years, serving in positions like chief people officer and as associate general council.
The promotion comes during a time of upheaval for JetBlue. The airline announced its longtime general council James Hnat would be retiring and that other management positions would be changing. JetBlue is still considering whether to expand its route network to include transatlantic flights. The airline has been dealing with the unionization of flight attendants and contract negotiations with pilots — all the while implementing cost-cutting measures.
JetBlue said Jeff Martin, currently executive vice-president of operations, will become a senior advisor and will help with the transition during the company’s reorganization.
Featured image by Robert Alexander/Getty Images.
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
Aside from the 75,000 points welcome bonus, Amex recently made huge improvements to the Business Platinum Card, including the fact that you will now earn 50% more points on purchases of $5,000 or more, earn 5x on flights and eligible hotels at Amextravel.com and cardholders will receive a $200 airline fee credit each year.
- Welcome Offer: Earn up to 75,000 Membership Rewards® points.
- Earn 50,000 Membership Rewards® points after you spend $10,000 and an extra 25,000 points after you spend an additional $10,000 all on qualifying purchases within your first 3 months of Card Membership.
- Get 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights and prepaid hotels on amextravel.com.
- Get 50% more Membership Rewards® points. That's 1.5 points per dollar, on each eligible purchase of $5,000 or more. You can get up to 1 million additional points per year.
- 35% Airline Bonus: Use Membership Rewards® Pay with Points for all or part of a flight with your selected qualifying airline, and you can get 35% of the points back, up to 500,000 bonus points per calendar year.
- Enroll to get up to $200 in statement credits annually by getting up to $100 semi-annually for U.S. purchases with Dell. Terms apply.
- Get one year of Platinum Global Access from WeWork. With this membership, you can access 300+ premium, inspiring workspaces in 75+ cities. To get this exclusive offer, enroll between 2/15/2019 and 12/31/2019.
- Terms Apply
- See Rates & Fees