This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Are you sitting down for this? The company behind Nutella wants to fly you to Italy to taste-test its products — and pay you for it. Yes, we just used “Italy” and “Nutella” in the same sentence, and yes, this is real. In related news: This will be my last article for TPG (I kid, I kid).
Once you can pick your jaw up off the floor, start polishing up your resume. Here’s what Ferrero — the company behind Nutella and Ferrero Rocher — is looking for:
- “People who would like to learn how to taste cocoa, hazelnut powder and other semi-finished sweet products.”
Yup, that’s it. No prior experience is necessary. If you’re chosen, you’ll be one of 60 “sensory judges” who will go to the company’s headquarters in Alba for a three-month paid training course starting in September. There, you’ll work on your sense of smell and taste, and you’ll also brush up on your vocabulary to express what you “perceive with the tasting of semi-finished products.”
For context, here’s where the Italian town is located on the map:
If you’re hired at the end of training, you’ll sign a long-term contract for part-time work. It gets better though: You’re only required to work for a total four hours a week. This gives you plenty of time to explore the Italian countryside, and let’s be real, eat your weight in pizza and pasta.
Featured image by by AlinLyre/Getty Images.
With some great bonus categories, the American Express Gold Card has a lot going for it. The card offers 4x points at US restaurants, at US supermarkets (up to $25,000; then 1x), and 3x points on flights booked directly with airlines or through amextravel.com. It is currently offering a welcome bonus of 35,000 bonus points after you spend $2,000 in the first three months.
- Earn 35,000 Membership Rewards® Points after you spend $2,000 on eligible purchases with your new Card within the first 3 months.
- Earn 4X Membership Rewards® points at U.S. restaurants. Earn 4X Membership Rewards® points at U.S. supermarkets (on up to $25,000 per year in purchases, then 1X).
- Earn 3X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or on amextravel.com.
- Earn up to $10 in statement credits monthly when you pay with The Gold Card at Grubhub, Seamless, The Cheesecake Factory, Shake Shack, and Ruth's Chris Steak House. This is an annual savings of up to $120. Enrollment required.
- $100 Airline Fee Credit: up to $100 in statement credits per calendar year for incidental fees at one selected qualifying airline.
- Choose to carry a balance with interest on eligible charges of $100 or more.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- Annual Fee is $250.
- Terms apply.
- See Rates & Fees