The Company Behind Nutella Wants to Fly You to Italy to Taste-Test Its New Products
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Are you sitting down for this? The company behind Nutella wants to fly you to Italy to taste-test its products — and pay you for it. Yes, we just used “Italy” and “Nutella” in the same sentence, and yes, this is real. In related news: This will be my last article for TPG (I kid, I kid).
Once you can pick your jaw up off the floor, start polishing up your resume. Here’s what Ferrero — the company behind Nutella and Ferrero Rocher — is looking for:
- “People who would like to learn how to taste cocoa, hazelnut powder and other semi-finished sweet products.”
Yup, that’s it. No prior experience is necessary. If you’re chosen, you’ll be one of 60 “sensory judges” who will go to the company’s headquarters in Alba for a three-month paid training course starting in September. There, you’ll work on your sense of smell and taste, and you’ll also brush up on your vocabulary to express what you “perceive with the tasting of semi-finished products.”
For context, here’s where the Italian town is located on the map:
If you’re hired at the end of training, you’ll sign a long-term contract for part-time work. It gets better though: You’re only required to work for a total four hours a week. This gives you plenty of time to explore the Italian countryside, and let’s be real, eat your weight in pizza and pasta.
Featured image by by AlinLyre/Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.