The best airline for flying to Asia, secret card fees to avoid overseas and more
Each Saturday, we round up the top miles, points and travel news that you might have missed on TPG this week. Here’s what you need to know:
After 27 years in the business, TPG credit cards editor Benét Wilson is clear on the types of passengers she hates to encounter on an airplane.
Take it from someone who travels to Asia half a dozen times a year.
Everything really is bigger in Texas.
And it won’t cost you a penny.
You can do everything right and still end up luggage-less.
That’s less time than it takes to order a Starbucks.
Do you know about the exchange rate markup?
Here’s how to check your account to see if you’ve been targeted.
It’s a fascinating story.
We have our sights set on the Airbnb getaway in the Philippines.
Talking Points: What travel means to the TPG staff
On this special holiday edition of Talking Points, TPG employees share why travel is meaningful for them.
Featured photo by Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 3X points on dining and 2x points on travel, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.