This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
If you’re like us and can easily spend an afternoon getting lost in a marathon of “Parts Unknown”, we might just have the job for you.
The Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT) is teaming up with a company called DreamJobbing to find one lucky person who will drop everything and head to Southeast Asia to “travel throughout Thailand experiencing life as a true local,” according to the campaign.
The chosen applicant will travel sometime between January and February for 2-3 weeks. Airfare to and from Thailand will be covered, as well as all in-country expenses, a per diem and of course a once-in-a-lifetime experience.
Possible itinerary stops include visiting Central Thailand and exploring the high-end culinary scene in Bangkok, trekking through Mae Hong Son in Northern Thailand to find the country’s best bowl of pork noodle soup, learning about the textile industry in Sakhon Nakhon, and visiting with local fisherman in Chumphon.
In addition to live blogging the experience while on the road, the winner’s journey will also be filmed for a documentary called “The Local Traveler in Thailand,” which will air on Amazon Prime next year.
Applicants have until December 31 to submit a one-minute video telling the judges who they are, what their story is and why they would be the perfect person to be The Local Traveler in Thailand. Those interested in applying should be “someone with an adventurous spirit” and “ready for a once-in-a-lifetime experience.” You can submit your video here.
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
With great travel benefits, 2x points on travel & dining and a 50,000 point sign up bonus, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great card for those looking to get into the points and miles game. Here are the top 5 reasons it should be in your wallet, or read our definitive review for more details.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred named "Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption" - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, June 2018
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards