Land This Dream Job and Get Paid to Travel Around Thailand
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
If you’re like us and can easily spend an afternoon getting lost in a marathon of “Parts Unknown”, we might just have the job for you.
The Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT) is teaming up with a company called DreamJobbing to find one lucky person who will drop everything and head to Southeast Asia to “travel throughout Thailand experiencing life as a true local,” according to the campaign.
The chosen applicant will travel sometime between January and February for 2-3 weeks. Airfare to and from Thailand will be covered, as well as all in-country expenses, a per diem and of course a once-in-a-lifetime experience.
Possible itinerary stops include visiting Central Thailand and exploring the high-end culinary scene in Bangkok, trekking through Mae Hong Son in Northern Thailand to find the country’s best bowl of pork noodle soup, learning about the textile industry in Sakhon Nakhon, and visiting with local fisherman in Chumphon.
In addition to live blogging the experience while on the road, the winner’s journey will also be filmed for a documentary called “The Local Traveler in Thailand,” which will air on Amazon Prime next year.
Applicants have until December 31 to submit a one-minute video telling the judges who they are, what their story is and why they would be the perfect person to be The Local Traveler in Thailand. Those interested in applying should be “someone with an adventurous spirit” and “ready for a once-in-a-lifetime experience.” You can submit your video here.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 100,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $2,000
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Our best offer ever! Earn 100,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,250 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 100,000 points are worth $1,250 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.