Land This Dream Job and Get Paid to Travel Around Thailand
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
If you’re like us and can easily spend an afternoon getting lost in a marathon of “Parts Unknown”, we might just have the job for you.
The Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT) is teaming up with a company called DreamJobbing to find one lucky person who will drop everything and head to Southeast Asia to “travel throughout Thailand experiencing life as a true local,” according to the campaign.
The chosen applicant will travel sometime between January and February for 2-3 weeks. Airfare to and from Thailand will be covered, as well as all in-country expenses, a per diem and of course a once-in-a-lifetime experience.
Possible itinerary stops include visiting Central Thailand and exploring the high-end culinary scene in Bangkok, trekking through Mae Hong Son in Northern Thailand to find the country’s best bowl of pork noodle soup, learning about the textile industry in Sakhon Nakhon, and visiting with local fisherman in Chumphon.
In addition to live blogging the experience while on the road, the winner’s journey will also be filmed for a documentary called “The Local Traveler in Thailand,” which will air on Amazon Prime next year.
Applicants have until December 31 to submit a one-minute video telling the judges who they are, what their story is and why they would be the perfect person to be The Local Traveler in Thailand. Those interested in applying should be “someone with an adventurous spirit” and “ready for a once-in-a-lifetime experience.” You can submit your video here.
This card from Bank of America gets really interesting if you have a BofA checking, savings or investment account. Depending on the value of your combined accounts you can potentially get as much as 3.5x points on travel/dining and 2.625x points on other purchases making it the richest consumer banking bonus out there.
- Receive 50,000 bonus points – a $500 value – after you make at least $3,000 in purchases in the first 90 days of account opening
- Earn unlimited 2 points for every $1 spent on travel and dining purchases and unlimited 1.5 points per $1 spent on all other purchases
- If you're a Bank of America Preferred Rewards member, you can earn 25%-75% more points on every purchase
- No limit to the points you can earn and your points don't expire
- Redeem for cash back as a statement credit, deposit into eligible Bank of America® accounts, credit to eligible Merrill accounts, or gift cards or purchases at the Bank of America Travel Center
- Get up to $200 in combined airline incidental and airport expedited screening statement credits + valuable travel insurance protections
- No Foreign Transaction Fees
- Low $95 annual fee