Land This Dream Job and Get Paid to Travel Around Thailand
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
If you’re like us and can easily spend an afternoon getting lost in a marathon of “Parts Unknown”, we might just have the job for you.
The Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT) is teaming up with a company called DreamJobbing to find one lucky person who will drop everything and head to Southeast Asia to “travel throughout Thailand experiencing life as a true local,” according to the campaign.
The chosen applicant will travel sometime between January and February for 2-3 weeks. Airfare to and from Thailand will be covered, as well as all in-country expenses, a per diem and of course a once-in-a-lifetime experience.
Possible itinerary stops include visiting Central Thailand and exploring the high-end culinary scene in Bangkok, trekking through Mae Hong Son in Northern Thailand to find the country’s best bowl of pork noodle soup, learning about the textile industry in Sakhon Nakhon, and visiting with local fisherman in Chumphon.
In addition to live blogging the experience while on the road, the winner’s journey will also be filmed for a documentary called “The Local Traveler in Thailand,” which will air on Amazon Prime next year.
Applicants have until December 31 to submit a one-minute video telling the judges who they are, what their story is and why they would be the perfect person to be The Local Traveler in Thailand. Those interested in applying should be “someone with an adventurous spirit” and “ready for a once-in-a-lifetime experience.” You can submit your video here.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.