This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
If you’re like us and can easily spend an afternoon getting lost in a marathon of “Parts Unknown”, we might just have the job for you.
The Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT) is teaming up with a company called DreamJobbing to find one lucky person who will drop everything and head to Southeast Asia to “travel throughout Thailand experiencing life as a true local,” according to the campaign.
The chosen applicant will travel sometime between January and February for 2-3 weeks. Airfare to and from Thailand will be covered, as well as all in-country expenses, a per diem and of course a once-in-a-lifetime experience.
Possible itinerary stops include visiting Central Thailand and exploring the high-end culinary scene in Bangkok, trekking through Mae Hong Son in Northern Thailand to find the country’s best bowl of pork noodle soup, learning about the textile industry in Sakhon Nakhon, and visiting with local fisherman in Chumphon.
In addition to live blogging the experience while on the road, the winner’s journey will also be filmed for a documentary called “The Local Traveler in Thailand,” which will air on Amazon Prime next year.
Applicants have until December 31 to submit a one-minute video telling the judges who they are, what their story is and why they would be the perfect person to be The Local Traveler in Thailand. Those interested in applying should be “someone with an adventurous spirit” and “ready for a once-in-a-lifetime experience.” You can submit your video here.
The American Express Platinum card has some of the best perks out there: cardholders enjoy the best domestic lounge access (Delta SkyClubs, Centurion Lounges, and Priority Pass), a $200 annual airline fee credit as well as up to $200 in Uber credits, and mid-tier elite status at SPG, Marriott, and Hilton. Combined with the 60,000 point welcome offer -- worth $1,140 based on TPG's valuations -- this card is a no-brainer for frequent travelers. Here are 5 reasons you should consider this card, as well as how you can figure out if the $550 annual fee makes sense for you.
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- Enjoy Uber VIP status and free rides in the U.S. up to $15 each month, plus a bonus $20 in December. That can be up to $200 in annual Uber savings.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- 5X Membership Rewards points on prepaid hotels booked on amextravel.com.
- Enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts. Learn More.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- Get up to $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue on your Platinum Card®. Enrollment required.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees