This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
All aboard, tequila lovers! We’ve got an attraction for you. A ticket on the Jose Cuervo Express® train will bring you to or from Tequila, Mexico, where you can take a tour at a historic tequila distillery. Did we mention that a Premium Plus ticket includes an open bar?
The excursion, now a few years old, provides a luxury ride through the blue agave landscape from Guadalajara to Tequila and vice versa. On the way, riders in Premium Plus class will be able to indulge in seasonal fruit, Mexican snacks and, yes, all the tequila your heart desires.
The Premium Plus train experience prides itself on its upscale atmosphere, equipped with “spacious tables, gleaming mirrors, leather upholstery and seats of polished wood,” according to the Mundo Cuervo website. Essentially, it’s the perfect environment to catch a buzz while taking in the beautiful scenery.
Also included in the fare is an entire day’s worth of activities — seriously, like 11 hours worth of tequila consumption. With the fare, you’ll experience an agave harvesting demonstration, a professional tasting guided by a “Maestro Tequilero,” a tour of the 250-year-old distillery and cellar, a Mexican show and a classical toast with premium tequila.
There are two other ticket classes: Express and Premium. They include most of the activities included in the Premium Plus price, just without the open bar and versatile seating options. The Express experience also provides fare options for children ages six to 17.
If you’re ready to get liquored up, one-way tickets start at around $130 per piece for the Premium Plus experience, around $120 for the Premium experience and around $110 for the Express experience.
Featured image by Jose Cuervo.
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
NEW INCREASED OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred named "Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption" - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, June 2018
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards