A Temporary End to the Shutdown, Passenger Data Exposure, One Week Left for Capital One Bonus and More
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here.
Each Saturday, we round up news stories that you might have missed from the week before. Here’s the top miles, points and travel news you might have missed on TPG this week.
The president temporarily ended the longest government shutdown in US history, only hours after the FAA began to slow air traffic.
The reservation system, Amadeus, “‘took immediate action’ to fix the issue and ‘can now confirm that the issue is solved.'”
Cathay Pacific, Emirates, Etihad Airways, Lufthansa and Qatar Airways, among others, have already placed orders.
Miami’s Centurion Lounge was getting overcrowded. Now, the lounge has added more than 100 seats and 4,000 square feet.
Perhaps a romantic destination for Valentine’s Day?
Starbucks Delivery Now Available via UberEats in 7 Cities
. . . So you can get your coffee fix with the click of a button.
According to TPG‘s Katie Genter, the rooms were “comfortable and livable,” but the lobby had some issues.
TPG’s Sarah Silbert unpacks what you need to know about these new cards.
Think: 1900s European Riviera influence.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 3X points on dining and 2x points on travel, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.