Targeted: Use Tap to Pay With Chase and Get 500 Ultimate Reward Points
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here.
In an age where convenience is king, credit card companies are doing everything they can to make things easier for their customers. “Tap to Pay” isn’t anything new, but Chase is capitalizing on the feature and even rewarding cardholders for using it— with 500 Ultimate Rewards points to be exact.
From now until July 31, select Chase Freedom holders will receive 500 Ultimate Rewards points if they use the tap to pay feature at least three times. The purchases need to cost at least $1.75 each. If you only charge the minimum three times you’ll be spending $5.25 and receiving a value of $10 with the Ultimate Rewards bonus based off of TPG‘s current points valuation. And if you can do that in tandem with the Freedom’s 5x earning category, you’ll end up with even more points. (The Chase Freedom is no longer open to new applicants)
Commenters on Doctor of Credit also report that they’ve received similar offers on their Chase Freedom Unlimited. While one said they saw a deal for 500 United miles after using tap to pay with their United Explorer Card.
These offers appear to be targeted, so make sure to check your email to see if you’re eligible.
This deal is quite simple to take advantage of as long as you have a contactless card, so get tapping! If you don’t have a contactless card, which is identified by the symbol that resembles a WiFi connection, you can call Chase and ask for a replacement card that includes the new technology.
Featured photo by jacoblund / Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in your first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at US restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees