This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
10/9/2018 UPDATE: Southwest reached out to TPG to state that the targeted offer is only for travelers employed by select companies that have partnerships with the airline. Eligible employees received the offer directly to their corporate email addresses.
Southwest is offering free A-List status to targeted customers through November 30, 2018.
The web page states: “Register now to experience A-List status on every flight you take through November 30, 2018. We know you’re going to love A-List.”
A status extension option is available as well: “To extend your perks through the end of 2019, simply book and fly two revenue round trip flights (or four revenue one-way flights, it’s up to you!), or earn 5,833 tier qualifying points between September 17 and November 30.”
To register for the promotion, eligible Rapid Rewards members must email the following information to email@example.com:
- First name
- Last name
- Rapid Rewards number
- Company name
- Corporate email address
The fine print states that only Rapid Rewards members who received this email or offer from Southwest are eligible for the promotion. There also isn’t any easy way to apply via the website; you’ll have to wait for email confirmation back from the Southwest team in order to know whether or not you qualify. Still, it’s worth a shot anyway, just in case. Eligible members must register for the promotion between September 17 and November 30, 2018, in order to qualify.
Featured photo by The Points Guy.
The American Express Platinum card has some of the best perks out there: cardholders enjoy the best domestic lounge access (Delta SkyClubs, Centurion Lounges, and Priority Pass), a $200 annual airline fee credit as well as up to $200 in Uber credits, and mid-tier elite status at SPG, Marriott, and Hilton. Combined with the 60,000 point welcome offer -- worth $1,140 based on TPG's valuations -- this card is a no-brainer for frequent travelers. Here are 5 reasons you should consider this card, as well as how you can figure out if the $550 annual fee makes sense for you.
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- Enjoy Uber VIP status and free rides in the U.S. up to $15 each month, plus a bonus $20 in December. That can be up to $200 in annual Uber savings.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- 5X Membership Rewards points on prepaid hotels booked on amextravel.com.
- Enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts. Learn More.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- Get up to $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue on your Platinum Card®. Enrollment required.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees