Targeted: Hyatt offers double elite night credits at select properties
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here.
As the end of 2019 nears, many travelers are consulting their hotel and airline accounts to see if the travel they have planned between now and the end of the year will earn them the status level they desire for 2020.
Hyatt status — especially top-tier Hyatt Globalist status — can be extremely valuable. Luckily, if you’re a little short on elite nights with Hyatt, One Mile at a Time noticed that the brand has released a new targeted promotion through which eligible members can earn double elite nights when staying at Unbound Collection properties.
This isn’t the first time Hyatt has offered a brand-specific double elite nights promotion: earlier this year Hyatt offered double elite nights for stays at all-inclusive Ziva and Zilara properties and in 2018 double elite nights were offered for stays at Andaz properties. Unfortunately, this promotion is targeted. It’s worth trying to register here, but don’t be surprised if you get the following message, as I did:
If you do happen to be targeted, know that you’ll need to register for the promotion between October 22, 2019 and December 31, 2019. You should also ensure that your World of Hyatt membership number is associated with each stay at check in.
Assuming you can register, each eligible night completed at Unbound properties during the promotion period will count as two nights, instead of one, for the purpose of tier qualification status. The extra night credit will also count towards benefits and awards that explicitly require a certain number of qualifying nights. For this promotion, an eligible night is defined as “any night where a member is paying an Eligible Rate or redeems a free night award for at least one night of their stay.” However, the promotion clearly notes that only the room occupied by the member will count and that the promotion is not valid with any other offers, promotions or discounts.
Besides only allowing some members to register for this promotion, the other challenge of this promotion is that there are only 20 Unbound Collection properties in the world: eight in the United States, seven in Europe, three in Asia, one in Uruguay and one in Canada. Out of these properties, two are Category 2, two are Category 3, four are Category 4, five are Category 5, five are Category 6 and two are Category 7.
If you aren’t targeted for this promotion, remember there are other options even if you can’t stay enough to earn the status you want organically. For starters, you can get instant Discoverist status with the World of Hyatt Credit Card. Check out our full World of Hyatt Credit Card review to learn more about the card. And, you can also match status between M life and World of Hyatt.
For more information on the World of Hyatt program, check out the following articles:
- Current World of Hyatt promotions
- Best ways to earn points with the World of Hyatt program
- How to redeem points with the World of Hyatt program
- Your guide to maximizing redemptions with Hyatt
Featured photo of the Lost Stone Villas & Spa, one of the Unbound Collection properties, courtesy of Hyatt.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 3X points on dining and 2x points on travel, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.