Targeted: Hyatt offers double elite night credits at select properties
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
As the end of 2019 nears, many travelers are consulting their hotel and airline accounts to see if the travel they have planned between now and the end of the year will earn them the status level they desire for 2020.
Hyatt status — especially top-tier Hyatt Globalist status — can be extremely valuable. Luckily, if you’re a little short on elite nights with Hyatt, One Mile at a Time noticed that the brand has released a new targeted promotion through which eligible members can earn double elite nights when staying at Unbound Collection properties.
This isn’t the first time Hyatt has offered a brand-specific double elite nights promotion: earlier this year Hyatt offered double elite nights for stays at all-inclusive Ziva and Zilara properties and in 2018 double elite nights were offered for stays at Andaz properties. Unfortunately, this promotion is targeted. It’s worth trying to register here, but don’t be surprised if you get the following message, as I did:
If you do happen to be targeted, know that you’ll need to register for the promotion between October 22, 2019 and December 31, 2019. You should also ensure that your World of Hyatt membership number is associated with each stay at check in.
Assuming you can register, each eligible night completed at Unbound properties during the promotion period will count as two nights, instead of one, for the purpose of tier qualification status. The extra night credit will also count towards benefits and awards that explicitly require a certain number of qualifying nights. For this promotion, an eligible night is defined as “any night where a member is paying an Eligible Rate or redeems a free night award for at least one night of their stay.” However, the promotion clearly notes that only the room occupied by the member will count and that the promotion is not valid with any other offers, promotions or discounts.
Besides only allowing some members to register for this promotion, the other challenge of this promotion is that there are only 20 Unbound Collection properties in the world: eight in the United States, seven in Europe, three in Asia, one in Uruguay and one in Canada. Out of these properties, two are Category 2, two are Category 3, four are Category 4, five are Category 5, five are Category 6 and two are Category 7.
If you aren’t targeted for this promotion, remember there are other options even if you can’t stay enough to earn the status you want organically. For starters, you can get instant Discoverist status with the World of Hyatt Credit Card. Check out our full World of Hyatt Credit Card review to learn more about the card. And, you can also match status between M life and World of Hyatt.
For more information on the World of Hyatt program, check out the following articles:
- Current World of Hyatt promotions
- Best ways to earn points with the World of Hyatt program
- How to redeem points with the World of Hyatt program
- Your guide to maximizing redemptions with Hyatt
Featured photo of the Lost Stone Villas & Spa, one of the Unbound Collection properties, courtesy of Hyatt.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees