Targeted: Get 50% off UberEats Orders on Summer Fridays
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Well, if you have an UberEats account, Uber’s food delivery service, you may want to check your email for a promo code for 50% off your next UberEats order, up to $10 off.
Here’s the fine print.
The Summer Friday 50% off promo codes will be delivered by email each Friday until August 30. You must receive the email directly from Uber to be eligible, and you must apply the promo code in the app before completing your order. TPG Family editor Summer Hull received the email, which included language about the promotion being available on the date the email was sent.
She received the code SUMMERFRIDAY194, which you can try entering in your UberEats app, although it’s not guaranteed to work. Readers may also be targeted for another promotion offering $5 off your next five orders when using the code: FIVEOFF5.
If you’re a holder of The Platinum Card® from American Express, you’ll receive up to $200 in annual Uber credits, split into monthly $15 credits for US rides plus a bonus $20 in December. Those credits can also be used to pay for UberEats orders. In addition, you’ll earn Uber VIP status. Purchases made on UberEats will also earn points toward elite status and Uber Cash in the Uber Rewards loyalty program.
The current welcome offer for the Amex Platinum is 75,000 Membership Rewards® Points after you spend $5,000 on purchases in your first 6 months of Card Membership (though some people are targeted for 100,000 points through the CardMatch Tool; offer subject to change at anytime). According to TPG’s monthly valuations, Amex Membership Rewards points are worth 2 cents each, making the bonus worth $1,500.
Keep in mind that this offer may be targeted, as nobody else in the TPG office appeared to be targeted for the promo. But if you don’t feel like cooking dinner tonight, you may want to check your inbox before unplugging for the weekend.
Featured image courtesy of Uber
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.