This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
United is targeting MileagePlus members to earn bonus miles for taking flights by July 31, 2018. As part of the Runway promotion, United is offering select members the opportunity to earn a varying number of MileagePlus miles, potentially representing some good value to be had.
To check to see if you were targeted for this promotion, head to the Runway promotions page on United’s site. Enter your MileagePlus number and click through to view your offer. If it looks appealing, click Register now, and you’re set to start working toward your goals for bonus miles.
I was targeted to earn 13,600 bonus miles in tiers. If I spend $250 by July 31, I’ll earn 6,300 bonus miles, and if I spend an additional $300 ($550 total), I’ll earn a total of 13,600 MileagePlus miles. Based on TPG’s most recent valuations, those bonus miles are worth $190.
According to the terms and conditions, only the dollars spent on the fare — base fare plus carrier-imposed surcharges but excluding government-imposed taxes and surcharges — on eligible flights operated by United and United Express will qualify toward the spending requirements. In addition, you must register by July 17, 2018, in order to be eligible to earn the bonus miles.
Unfortunately, only tickets purchased and ticketed after registration and flown within the time frame will qualify. Plus, basic economy (N fare class) tickets will not count toward the spend requirements. Bonus miles earned are redeemable miles and do not count toward Premier status.
Depending on your offer — if at all — this could be a promotion worth taking advantage of. If you’re thinking about booking a trip with United, it could be worth checking the Runway promotion to see if you were targeted. If so, register and then book your flight to help earn your way to bonus miles.
LIMITED TIME OFFER. Aside from the 100,000 points welcome bonus (available until 8/8/18), Amex recently made huge improvements to the Business Platinum Card, including the fact that you will now earn 50% more points on purchases of $5,000 or more, earn 5x on flights and eligible hotels at Amextravel.com and cardholders will receive a $200 airline fee credit each year.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn up to 100,000 Membership Rewards® Points.
- Earn 50,000 Membership Rewards® points after you spend $10,000 & an extra 50,000 points after you spend an additional $15,000 all on qualifying purchases within your first 3 months of Card Membership. Offer ends 8/8/18.†
- Get 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights and prepaid hotels on amextravel.com.
- Get 50% more Membership Rewards® points. That's 1.5 points per dollar, on each eligible purchase of $5,000 or more. You can get up to 1 million additional points per year.
- 35% Airline Bonus: Use Membership Rewards® Pay with Points for all or part of a flight with your selected qualifying airline, and you can get 35% of the points back, up to 500,000 bonus points per calendar year.
- You can also receive 35% points back on all First and Business class flights, with all airlines available through American Express Travel.
- You can enjoy access to The American Express Global Lounge Collection℠ offering access to the most lounges across the globe, when compared with other U.S. credit card offerings. As of 11/2017
- Terms Apply
- See Rates & Fees