Are You Targeted for United’s Runway Promotion to Earn Bonus Miles?
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
United is targeting MileagePlus members to earn bonus miles for taking flights by July 31, 2018. As part of the Runway promotion, United is offering select members the opportunity to earn a varying number of MileagePlus miles, potentially representing some good value to be had.
To check to see if you were targeted for this promotion, head to the Runway promotions page on United’s site. Enter your MileagePlus number and click through to view your offer. If it looks appealing, click Register now, and you’re set to start working toward your goals for bonus miles.
I was targeted to earn 13,600 bonus miles in tiers. If I spend $250 by July 31, I’ll earn 6,300 bonus miles, and if I spend an additional $300 ($550 total), I’ll earn a total of 13,600 MileagePlus miles. Based on TPG’s most recent valuations, those bonus miles are worth $190.
According to the terms and conditions, only the dollars spent on the fare — base fare plus carrier-imposed surcharges but excluding government-imposed taxes and surcharges — on eligible flights operated by United and United Express will qualify toward the spending requirements. In addition, you must register by July 17, 2018, in order to be eligible to earn the bonus miles.
Unfortunately, only tickets purchased and ticketed after registration and flown within the time frame will qualify. Plus, basic economy (N fare class) tickets will not count toward the spend requirements. Bonus miles earned are redeemable miles and do not count toward Premier status.
Depending on your offer — if at all — this could be a promotion worth taking advantage of. If you’re thinking about booking a trip with United, it could be worth checking the Runway promotion to see if you were targeted. If so, register and then book your flight to help earn your way to bonus miles.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.