Are You Targeted for United’s Runway Promotion to Earn Bonus Miles?
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
United is targeting MileagePlus members to earn bonus miles for taking flights by July 31, 2018. As part of the Runway promotion, United is offering select members the opportunity to earn a varying number of MileagePlus miles, potentially representing some good value to be had.
To check to see if you were targeted for this promotion, head to the Runway promotions page on United’s site. Enter your MileagePlus number and click through to view your offer. If it looks appealing, click Register now, and you’re set to start working toward your goals for bonus miles.
I was targeted to earn 13,600 bonus miles in tiers. If I spend $250 by July 31, I’ll earn 6,300 bonus miles, and if I spend an additional $300 ($550 total), I’ll earn a total of 13,600 MileagePlus miles. Based on TPG’s most recent valuations, those bonus miles are worth $190.
According to the terms and conditions, only the dollars spent on the fare — base fare plus carrier-imposed surcharges but excluding government-imposed taxes and surcharges — on eligible flights operated by United and United Express will qualify toward the spending requirements. In addition, you must register by July 17, 2018, in order to be eligible to earn the bonus miles.
Unfortunately, only tickets purchased and ticketed after registration and flown within the time frame will qualify. Plus, basic economy (N fare class) tickets will not count toward the spend requirements. Bonus miles earned are redeemable miles and do not count toward Premier status.
Depending on your offer — if at all — this could be a promotion worth taking advantage of. If you’re thinking about booking a trip with United, it could be worth checking the Runway promotion to see if you were targeted. If so, register and then book your flight to help earn your way to bonus miles.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants in the first three months of card membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 Bonus Miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees