Targeted: Earn an easy $10 credit with your contactless Citi card
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Citi is a TPG advertising partner.
As TPG predicted at the end of last year, contactless cards went through a major growth period in 2019. Most recently, Citi joined the trend of offering contactless, following the lead of Chase, Capital One and American Express. And now, Citi is capitalizing on the feature and rewarding cardholders for using it.
Citi sent credit card holders a round of emails, offering a $10 back as a statement credit when you make three contactless purchases at participating U.S. Panera Bread, Target, and CVS Pharmacy locations. The qualifying contactless purchases must total at least $10 each and be made by Jan. 31, 2020. This offer was first reported by Danny the Deal Guru.
Meeting the requirements of this offer should not require significant effort. For the uninitiated, contactless payments are processed by simply holding up your card up to a compatible terminal, eliminating the need to either swipe or insert your card in order to complete your transaction. There is no enrollment to participate in the offer. The terms state that you’ll receive the credit within 120 days of the end of the promotion, but it generally posts much sooner than that.
This offer appears to be targeted, so make sure to check your email to see if you’re eligible. Contactless cards in Citi’s portfolio include the Citi Premier® Card, Citi Rewards+® Card and Citi® Double Cash Card. If you have one of these cards but weren’t targeted for this offer, remember that you can still save on NYC commutes this holiday season by using tap-and-go on participating taxi or subway rides.
If you don’t have a contactless card, which is identified by the symbol that resembles a WiFi connection, you can try calling Citi and asking for a replacement card that includes the new technology.
Featured image by George Frey/Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in your first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at US restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees