Targeted: Earn an easy $10 credit with your contactless Citi card
Citi is a TPG advertising partner.
As TPG predicted at the end of last year, contactless cards went through a major growth period in 2019. Most recently, Citi joined the trend of offering contactless, following the lead of Chase, Capital One and American Express. And now, Citi is capitalizing on the feature and rewarding cardholders for using it.
Citi sent credit card holders a round of emails, offering a $10 back as a statement credit when you make three contactless purchases at participating U.S. Panera Bread, Target, and CVS Pharmacy locations. The qualifying contactless purchases must total at least $10 each and be made by Jan. 31, 2020. This offer was first reported by Danny the Deal Guru.
Meeting the requirements of this offer should not require significant effort. For the uninitiated, contactless payments are processed by simply holding up your card up to a compatible terminal, eliminating the need to either swipe or insert your card in order to complete your transaction. There is no enrollment to participate in the offer. The terms state that you’ll receive the credit within 120 days of the end of the promotion, but it generally posts much sooner than that.
This offer appears to be targeted, so make sure to check your email to see if you’re eligible. Contactless cards in Citi’s portfolio include the Citi Premier® Card, Citi Rewards+® Card and Citi® Double Cash Card. If you have one of these cards but weren’t targeted for this offer, remember that you can still save on NYC commutes this holiday season by using tap-and-go on participating taxi or subway rides.
If you don’t have a contactless card, which is identified by the symbol that resembles a WiFi connection, you can try calling Citi and asking for a replacement card that includes the new technology.
Featured image by George Frey/Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.