Get up to 15,000 points or cash back on cruises with new targeted Amex Offers
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available.
If you’re considering booking a cruise soon, you’re going to want to check out these offers from American Express. There are three Amex Offers available that’ll let you score 10,000 to 15,000 bonus Membership Rewards points — or $100 cashback — for putting your purchase on the right credit card. The 15,000 bonus points offer is worth $300, according to TPG’s latest valuations.
Here’s what you need to know.
Celebrity Cruises is offering 15,000 Membership Rewards points after spending at least $500 on purchases from now until December 31, 2019. You must book directly at celebrity.com/amex or by phone to take advantage of the offer. The offer excludes international transactions, all onboard transactions, corporate sales and corporate sales gift cards, physical gift cards purchased online, e-gift cards, art auctions, Canyon Ranch Spa, and affiliate brands including Royal Caribbean, Silverseas, and Azamara. Meeting this spending requirement shouldn’t be too difficult, as I’m seeing an inside stateroom aboard the Celebrity Infinity to the Western Caribbean starting at just $499 per person.
Another cruise offer, this time for World’s Leading Cruise Lines, is offering 10,000 points after spending at least $500 on Carnival, Holland America, Princess, Seabourn, or Cunard cruises. This offer popped up on my Business Platinum Card® from American Express and expires March 31, 2020. You must book through each cruise line’s respective website.
Finally, there’s an offer for a $100 statement credit for World’s Leading Cruise Lines after spending at least $500. I saw this offer on my American Express® Gold Card. Remember to check all of your eligible cards to ensure you’re getting the best offer.
In addition to keeping your eyes peeled out for Amex cruise offers, The Platinum Card® from American Express cardholders can enjoy unique benefits when booking through the Amex Travel Cruise Privileges Program. You’ll enjoy a $100–$300 onboard credit per room booked, 1 extra Membership Reward point per dollar spent and additional amenities unique to each cruise line.
Featured image courtesy of Celebrity Cruises
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.