Targeted: Add up to three Amex Platinum authorized users for $175, earn 15k points
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
A targeted offer is hitting inboxes this morning offering holders of The Platinum Card® from American Express up to 15,000 Membership Rewards points for adding up to three authorized users. The fee to add an authorized user, whether you’re adding one, two or three, is $175 per year. You’ll earn 5,000 Membership Rewards points for each authorized user who spends $500 on their new card in the first three months.
15,000 Membership Rewards points are worth $300, according to the latest TPG point valuations. That means the points you earn give you a net positive of $125 for adding three authorized users. In addition, authorized users gain benefits like Priority Pass membership, Centurion Lounge access, Global Entry registration credits and Delta Sky Club access when flying Delta on the same day. Enrollment required for select benefits.
Authorized users for American Express cards must be at least 13 years old. You have to provide a birthday and social security number for the authorized user within 60 days of adding them to the account or the card will be closed.
This is a great deal for those who are targeted. If you have family members or colleagues who routinely travel with you, this is the best way to get them lounge access and other travel benefits that come with the card. Make sure you know how to maximize the Membership Rewards you earn.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases within the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn a $200 statement credit after your first Delta purchase within the first three months. Offer ends 7/28/21.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles after spending $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months and a $200 statement credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Limited Time Offer: Plus, get a 0% intro APR on purchases for 12 months from the date of account opening, then a variable 15.74%-24.74%. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees