Targeted: Add up to three Amex Platinum authorized users for $175, earn 15k points
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
A targeted offer is hitting inboxes this morning offering holders of The Platinum Card® from American Express up to 15,000 Membership Rewards points for adding up to three authorized users. The fee to add an authorized user, whether you’re adding one, two or three, is $175 per year. You’ll earn 5,000 Membership Rewards points for each authorized user who spends $500 on their new card in the first three months.
15,000 Membership Rewards points are worth $300, according to the latest TPG point valuations. That means the points you earn give you a net positive of $125 for adding three authorized users. In addition, authorized users gain benefits like Priority Pass membership, Centurion Lounge access, Global Entry registration credits and Delta Sky Club access when flying Delta on the same day.
Authorized users for American Express cards must be at least 13 years old. You have to provide a birthday and social security number for the authorized user within 60 days of adding them to the account or the card will be closed.
This is a great deal for those who are targeted. If you have family members or colleagues who routinely travel with you, this is the best way to get them lounge access and other travel benefits that come with the card. Make sure you know how to maximize the Membership Rewards you earn.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.