Targeted Amex offers: Earn cash back on your cellphone bill
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here.
If you haven’t checked your Amex Offers recently, you may want to fire up your online account. American Express is targeting some lucky cardholders with the opportunity to save or earn bonus points on their monthly bills with three new offers.
Several TPG-ers woke up this morning to a new Amex Offer, offering cash back on your cell phone bill. Here’s what you need to know.
You’ll get a statement credit of 20% (up to $50 total) after paying your phone bill using your card before New Year’s Eve. We saw this offer on The Business Platinum Card® from American Express, but you may want to check all of your cards. As a longtime T-Mobile account holder, TPG’s Victoria Walker gets even more benefits from this targeted offer.
She gets $5 off her $115 phone bill every month when using autopay, which means she can use the Business Platinum card and take advantage of both offers, saving nearly $30 total.
Through November 5, you can get 20% back as a statement credit on your insurance bill, up to $85. This includes most forms of insurance, such as health and car, though government-backed insurance policies may be excluded. TPG Director and Senior Analyst Julian Kheel received this offer on his Blue Business® Plus Credit Card from American Express, but this offer appears to be widespread across Amex’s portfolio of business cards.
Finally, through November 30, cardholders of Delta-branded cards like the Gold Delta SkyMiles® Credit Card from American Express and the Platinum Delta SkyMiles® Credit Card from American Express can get four additional Delta miles per dollar spent on cable or satellite TV bills. The maximum number of bonus miles you can earn with this offer is 1,500 miles, worth $18 based on TPG’s valuations.
To check to see if you’re targeted or to enroll for any of these offers, log in to your Amex account and scroll down to the “Amex Offers and Benefits” section, then click “Add to Card” on the appropriate offer to complete the registration. As a reminder, offers are limited to one card per cardmember, so you’ll want to add it to the card that offers the best return on spending in that category.
Featured image by franckreporter / Getty Images.
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points Terms Apply.
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: Delta Sky Club and Centurion lounge access, up to $200 annual airline fee credit and up to $200 in Uber credits annually
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- Enjoy Uber VIP status and free rides in the U.S. up to $15 each month, plus a bonus $20 in December. That can be up to $200 in annual Uber savings.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- 5X Membership Rewards points on prepaid hotels booked on amextravel.com.
- Enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts. Learn More.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- Get up to $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue on your Platinum Card®. Enrollment required.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees