This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
There’s a new Amex Offer available to some card holders of the Delta cobranded Amex credit cards: 4 additional Delta SkyMiles per dollar spent on groceries at US supermarkets.
If you’re targeted for this offer and add it to your card, you can earn up to 1,500 additional SkyMiles through Aug. 31, 2019. Since US supermarket purchases normally earn 1 SkyMile per dollar on the Delta Amex cards, this means you’d get a total of 5 SkyMiles per dollar on your first $375 in US supermarket purchases through August. Using TPG’s current valuation of 1.2 cents per Delta SkyMile, this would be a return of 6 cents per dollar on your first $375 of purchases at US supermarkets.
As with many Amex Offers, there are some important details to be aware of in the fine print:
- Offer limited to one card per card member.
- Only US supermarket purchases are eligible. Specialty food stores, superstores and warehouse clubs are not considered supermarkets.
- Gasoline and gift card purchases are excluded.
It’s worth noting that, while this is a great offer for Delta Amex card holders who don’t have another card with a grocery/US supermarket category bonus, there are other options that may be even better depending on your mix of cards. Additionally, those who have both the Chase Freedom card and a Chase card that earns transferable Chase Ultimate Rewards points can earn 5x points on grocery purchases through June 30 (up to $1,500, activation required) — a return of 10 cents per dollar according to TPG’s current valuations.
If you have one of the Delta cobranded Amex cards, such as the Platinum Delta SkyMiles® Credit Card from American Express or the Gold Delta SkyMiles® Credit Card from American Express, this may be a great way to earn some extra miles on your purchases at US supermarkets for the next few months. For more information on how to use this offer and other Amex Offers, see TPG’s Ultimate Guide to Amex Offers.
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
If you are a Delta flyer who is looking to bank some extra miles this card is a great addition for your wallet. While you'll earn 2 miles per dollar on Delta purchases and 1 mile per dollar on everything else, you'll also have access to other perks like priority boarding, a first bag checked free and discounted Delta Sky Club access.
- Earn 30,000 Bonus Miles after you use your new Card to make $1,000 in purchases within your first 3 months and a $50 Statement Credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months.
- Earn 2 miles for every dollar spent on eligible purchases made directly with Delta.
- Earn one mile for every eligible dollar you spend on purchases.
- Check your first bag free on Delta flights - that's a savings of up to $240 per round trip for a family of four.
- Settle into your seat sooner with Main Cabin 1 Priority Boarding.
- Enjoy a $0 introductory annual fee for the first year, then $95.
- Terms apply.
- See Rates & Fees