This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Tara Reid was kicked off a Delta flight Monday afternoon for causing a “disturbance” on board.
The 42-year-old actress and “Sharknado” star was on a flight from Los Angeles (LAX) to New York (JFK) when she was removed. Video of the incident obtained by TMZ shows a Delta employee speaking to Reid at her seat, telling her she needs to gather her belongings and get off the plane. The video then shows Reid walking off the aircraft carrying a small dog with her.
“Delta Flight 613 from Los Angeles to New York JFK-International returned to the gate, prior to takeoff, due to a customer disturbance on board,” the airline told USA Today. A representative for Reid told USA Today that it was indeed the actress who was removed from the flight. She was put on another flight heading to New York.
“Delta apologizes to the remaining customers for the inconvenience and appreciates their patience as the situation was resolved,” Delta’s statement continued. “The flight redeparted for New York following a short delay.”
The airline didn’t say what led to Reid being led off the plane, but View From the Wing reports it might have been a conflict about the actress’ seat assignment that caused her to be removed.
Featured image by Vivien Killilea/Getty Images for Los Angeles LGBT Center.
With some great bonus categories, the American Express Gold Card has a lot going for it. The card offers 4x points at US restaurants, at US supermarkets (up to $25,000; then 1x), and 3x points on flights booked directly with airlines or through amextravel.com. It is currently offering a welcome bonus of 35,000 bonus points after you spend $2,000 in the first three months.
- Earn 35,000 Membership Rewards® Points after you spend $2,000 on eligible purchases with your new Card within the first 3 months.
- Earn 4X Membership Rewards® points at U.S. restaurants. Earn 4X Membership Rewards® points at U.S. supermarkets (on up to $25,000 per year in purchases, then 1X).
- Earn 3X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or on amextravel.com.
- Earn up to $10 in statement credits monthly when you pay with The Gold Card at Grubhub, Seamless, The Cheesecake Factory, Shake Shack, and Ruth's Chris Steak House. This is an annual savings of up to $120. Enrollment required.
- $100 Airline Fee Credit: up to $100 in statement credits per calendar year for incidental fees at one selected qualifying airline.
- Choose to carry a balance with interest on eligible charges of $100 or more.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- Annual Fee is $250.
- Terms apply.
- See Rates & Fees