Tara Reid Was Kicked off a Delta Plane For Causing a ‘Disturbance’
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Tara Reid was kicked off a Delta flight Monday afternoon for causing a “disturbance” on board.
The 42-year-old actress and “Sharknado” star was on a flight from Los Angeles (LAX) to New York (JFK) when she was removed. Video of the incident obtained by TMZ shows a Delta employee speaking to Reid at her seat, telling her she needs to gather her belongings and get off the plane. The video then shows Reid walking off the aircraft carrying a small dog with her.
“Delta Flight 613 from Los Angeles to New York JFK-International returned to the gate, prior to takeoff, due to a customer disturbance on board,” the airline told USA Today. A representative for Reid told USA Today that it was indeed the actress who was removed from the flight. She was put on another flight heading to New York.
“Delta apologizes to the remaining customers for the inconvenience and appreciates their patience as the situation was resolved,” Delta’s statement continued. “The flight redeparted for New York following a short delay.”
The airline didn’t say what led to Reid being led off the plane, but View From the Wing reports it might have been a conflict about the actress’ seat assignment that caused her to be removed.
Featured image by Vivien Killilea/Getty Images for Los Angeles LGBT Center.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 3X points on dining and 2x points on travel, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.