This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Tara Reid was kicked off a Delta flight Monday afternoon for causing a “disturbance” on board.
The 42-year-old actress and “Sharknado” star was on a flight from Los Angeles (LAX) to New York (JFK) when she was removed. Video of the incident obtained by TMZ shows a Delta employee speaking to Reid at her seat, telling her she needs to gather her belongings and get off the plane. The video then shows Reid walking off the aircraft carrying a small dog with her.
“Delta Flight 613 from Los Angeles to New York JFK-International returned to the gate, prior to takeoff, due to a customer disturbance on board,” the airline told USA Today. A representative for Reid told USA Today that it was indeed the actress who was removed from the flight. She was put on another flight heading to New York.
“Delta apologizes to the remaining customers for the inconvenience and appreciates their patience as the situation was resolved,” Delta’s statement continued. “The flight redeparted for New York following a short delay.”
The airline didn’t say what led to Reid being led off the plane, but View From the Wing reports it might have been a conflict about the actress’ seat assignment that caused her to be removed.
Featured image by Vivien Killilea/Getty Images for Los Angeles LGBT Center.
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points Terms Apply.
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: Delta Sky Club and Centurion lounge access, $200 annual airline fee credit and up to $200 in Uber credits annually
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- Enjoy Uber VIP status and free rides in the U.S. up to $15 each month, plus a bonus $20 in December. That can be up to $200 in annual Uber savings.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- 5X Membership Rewards points on prepaid hotels booked on amextravel.com.
- Enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts. Learn More.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- Get up to $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue on your Platinum Card®. Enrollment required.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees