This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
It’s a big day for Airbus and TAP Air Portugal alike — the Portuguese flag carrier has just taken delivery of the world’s first A330neo, a more efficient replacement for the popular A330 series.
TAP’s variant is the larger A330-900, rather than the A330-800, which is struggling to gain traction in a crowded airliner market.
I had a chance to experience TAP’s first A330neo earlier this year, when the first aircraft was still undergoing tests as part of the Airbus fleet. Business class represents a huge upgrade, with 1-2-1 seating throughout.
Economy, meanwhile, maintains a familiar 2-4-2 configuration, but with updated seat-back TVs, improved cabin lighting and larger overhead bins.
TAP has previously suggested that it’ll begin flying the neo in December, but a launch date and route have yet to be confirmed.
The airline’s A330s currently serve Boston (BOS), Miami (MIA), New York (JFK) and Newark (EWR), in addition to destinations in Canada, Africa and South America. The neo could pop up on any of those routes, though the carrier’s prestigious North American routes may be first to score the notable upgrade.
For more on TAP’s first A330neo, see:
- Flying Business Class on the World’s First Airbus A330neo
- Step Inside the First Airbus A330neo
- Take a Tour of Airbus’ Brand New A330neo Airspace Cabin
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
With great travel benefits, 2x points on travel & dining and a 50,000 point sign up bonus, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great card for those looking to get into the points and miles game. Here are the top 5 reasons it should be in your wallet, or read our definitive review for more details.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred named "Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption" - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, June 2018
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards