Canadian Budget Airline Swoop Adds San Diego to Route Map
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Canadian ultra-low-cost carrier Swoop is adding San Diego to its expanding route map this October.
Starting Oct. 4, the WestJet-owned airline will begin thrice-weekly service to San Diego from both Abbotsford, British Columbia, and Edmonton, Alberta. Swoops flies a fleet of Boeing 737-800 aircraft.
“With some of the best beaches in California and plenty of attractions, San Diego is another example of how Swoop is bringing desirable locations at an affordable price within reach of Canadians,” Swoop spokeswoman Karen McIsaac said in a Tuesday statement.
San Diego becomes Swoop’s sixth US destination. It also serves Fort Lauderdale, Orlando and Tampa in Florida, as well as Las Vegas and Phoenix/Mesa.
Swoop will be the only carrier flying between San Diego and both Abbotsford and Edmonton, according to Diio by Cirium schedules. Air Canada and WestJet fly from nearby Vancouver to San Diego.
Abbotsford, which sits just north of the US-Canada border, is located about 45 miles from downtown Vancouver.
Featured image courtesy of Swoop.
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.