Canadian Budget Airline Swoop Adds San Diego to Route Map
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Canadian ultra-low-cost carrier Swoop is adding San Diego to its expanding route map this October.
Starting Oct. 4, the WestJet-owned airline will begin thrice-weekly service to San Diego from both Abbotsford, British Columbia, and Edmonton, Alberta. Swoops flies a fleet of Boeing 737-800 aircraft.
“With some of the best beaches in California and plenty of attractions, San Diego is another example of how Swoop is bringing desirable locations at an affordable price within reach of Canadians,” Swoop spokeswoman Karen McIsaac said in a Tuesday statement.
San Diego becomes Swoop’s sixth US destination. It also serves Fort Lauderdale, Orlando and Tampa in Florida, as well as Las Vegas and Phoenix/Mesa.
Swoop will be the only carrier flying between San Diego and both Abbotsford and Edmonton, according to Diio by Cirium schedules. Air Canada and WestJet fly from nearby Vancouver to San Diego.
Abbotsford, which sits just north of the US-Canada border, is located about 45 miles from downtown Vancouver.
Featured image courtesy of Swoop.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.