This Sushi Bar Is Handing out Free Food in Exchange for Instagram Posts
I don’t mean to alarm anyone, but I think I just found my calling in life.
A sushi bar in Milan called This Is Not a Sushi Bar (yes, really) wants customers to take pictures of their food on Instagram so badly it’s accepting photos as payment. Why, you ask? To create “2.0 word-of-mouth that could make our brand strong and viral,” owner Matteo Pittarell told The Associated Press.
The only, ahem, catch? You need to have at least 100,000 followers on the social media platform. Your post must also include a restaurant hashtag, but let’s be real: That’s a small price to pay for some quality fish.
Clizia Incorvaia, an Italian fashion blogger with more than 200,000 followers recently dined at the restaurant and said, “We tasted everything from gunkan to tartare, and I have to say it is all really good.”
Now if you’ll excuse me, I need to get to 100,000 followers on Instagram.
Featured image courtesy Janice Tea/Unsplash.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 3X points on dining and 2x points on travel, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.