This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Sun Country has announced a new route between Portland, Oregon, and the Mexican resort destination of Los Cabos.
The seasonal service will begin Dec 18, with Sun Country operating one round-trip flight each Wednesday and Saturday through April 11. Tickets for the route are now on sale.
Sun Country will have competition on the route, where it will go head-to-head with Alaska Airlines’ seasonal service, according to Diio by Cirium schedules.
Sun Country has historically focused on offering flights from its main base at Minneapolis/St. Paul. But the carrier has expanded its footprint since the summer of 2018, adding multiple routes from airports like Nashville (BNA), Las Vegas (LAS) and Portland (PDX).
The addition of Los Cabos (SJD) will give Sun Country a total of nine destinations from PDX. Of those, three operate all year and six are seasonal. A tenth destination showing from PDX on Sun Country’s route map — to Phoenix — has been suspended with no plans to resume, according to the airline.
Featured image by Daniel Slim, AFP/Getty Images
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points Terms Apply.
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: Delta Sky Club and Centurion lounge access, $200 annual airline fee credit and up to $200 in Uber credits annually
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- Enjoy Uber VIP status and free rides in the U.S. up to $15 each month, plus a bonus $20 in December. That can be up to $200 in annual Uber savings.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- 5X Membership Rewards points on prepaid hotels booked on amextravel.com.
- Enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts. Learn More.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- Get up to $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue on your Platinum Card®. Enrollment required.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees