Sun Country adds 9 new cities in 16-route expansion
Leisure carrier Sun Country is adding nine new cities to its map as part of a 16-route expansion announced on Monday.
Sun Country’s new destinations span the country, ranging from Alaska to Texas and the East Coast and from big cities to small.
Want more airline-specific news? Sign up for TPG’s free new biweekly Aviation newsletter!
The nine new destinations are:
- Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky (CVG)
- Fairbanks, Alaska (FAI)
- Hartford, Connecticut (BDL)
- Houston Bush Intercontinental (IAH)
- Indianapolis (IND)
- Jackson Hole, Wyoming (JAC)
- Kalispell/Glacier National Park, Montana (FCA)
- Orange County, California (SNA)
- Raleigh/Durham (RDU)
All of the 16 routes unveiled Monday come as the airline hopes to find a customer base ready to return to the skies.
“The past year has been a challenge for the travel industry, but with increased access to COVID-19 tests and vaccinations, we’re starting to see that turnaround,” Sun Country Airlines CEO Jude Bricker said in a statement.
Of Monday’s new routes, nine are being added at Minneapolis/St. Paul (MSP) — all to the new Sun Country destinations. Minnesota-based Sun Country operates its busiest base at MSP.
Among other Sun Country cities landing multiple new routes are Dallas/Fort Worth (DFW), Orlando (MCO) and Cancun (CUN).
Scroll down for a full list of Sun Country’s new routes, all of which are lunching as seasonal service.
Connect by … bus?!?: Onboard Sun Country’s first ‘Landline’ bus connection
Minneapolis/St. Paul (MSP)
- Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky (CVG): Two weekly flights begin May 14.
- Fairbanks, Alaska (FAI): Two weekly flights begin May 29.
- Hartford/Bradley, Connecticut (BDL): Two weekly flights begin May 21.
- Houston Bush Intercontinental (IAH): Two weekly flights begin May 13.
- Jackson Hole, Wyoming (JAC): Two weekly flights begin May 13.
- Indianapolis (IND): Two weekly flights begin May 28.
- Kalispell/Glacier National Park, Montana (FCA): Two weekly flights begin May 26.
- Orange County/John Wayne, California (SNA): Four weekly flights begin May 6.
- Raleigh/Durham (RDU): Two weekly flights begin May 14.
Houston Bush Intercontinental (IAH)
- Cancun, Mexico (CUN): Two weekly flights begin May 27.
- Las Vegas (LAS): Two weekly flights begin Sept. 2.
Dallas/Fort Worth (DFW)
- Orange County/John Wayne, California (SNA): Two weekly flights begin May 6.
- Puerto Vallarta, Mexico (PVR): Two weekly flights begin May 28.
San Antonio (SAT)
- Cancun, Mexico (CUN): Two weekly flights begin May 28.
- Hartford, Connecticut (BDL): Two weekly flights begin Sept. 2.
- Indianapolis (IND): Two weekly flights begin Sept. 2.
Featured photo courtesy of Sun Country Airlines.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.