Sun Country adds 9 new cities in 16-route expansion
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Leisure carrier Sun Country is adding nine new cities to its map as part of a 16-route expansion announced on Monday.
Sun Country’s new destinations span the country, ranging from Alaska to Texas and the East Coast and from big cities to small.
Want more airline-specific news? Sign up for TPG’s free new biweekly Aviation newsletter!
The nine new destinations are:
- Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky (CVG)
- Fairbanks, Alaska (FAI)
- Hartford, Connecticut (BDL)
- Houston Bush Intercontinental (IAH)
- Indianapolis (IND)
- Jackson Hole, Wyoming (JAC)
- Kalispell/Glacier National Park, Montana (FCA)
- Orange County, California (SNA)
- Raleigh/Durham (RDU)
All of the 16 routes unveiled Monday come as the airline hopes to find a customer base ready to return to the skies.
“The past year has been a challenge for the travel industry, but with increased access to COVID-19 tests and vaccinations, we’re starting to see that turnaround,” Sun Country Airlines CEO Jude Bricker said in a statement.
Of Monday’s new routes, nine are being added at Minneapolis/St. Paul (MSP) — all to the new Sun Country destinations. Minnesota-based Sun Country operates its busiest base at MSP.
Among other Sun Country cities landing multiple new routes are Dallas/Fort Worth (DFW), Orlando (MCO) and Cancun (CUN).
Scroll down for a full list of Sun Country’s new routes, all of which are lunching as seasonal service.
Connect by … bus?!?: Onboard Sun Country’s first ‘Landline’ bus connection
Minneapolis/St. Paul (MSP)
- Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky (CVG): Two weekly flights begin May 14.
- Fairbanks, Alaska (FAI): Two weekly flights begin May 29.
- Hartford/Bradley, Connecticut (BDL): Two weekly flights begin May 21.
- Houston Bush Intercontinental (IAH): Two weekly flights begin May 13.
- Jackson Hole, Wyoming (JAC): Two weekly flights begin May 13.
- Indianapolis (IND): Two weekly flights begin May 28.
- Kalispell/Glacier National Park, Montana (FCA): Two weekly flights begin May 26.
- Orange County/John Wayne, California (SNA): Four weekly flights begin May 6.
- Raleigh/Durham (RDU): Two weekly flights begin May 14.
Houston Bush Intercontinental (IAH)
- Cancun, Mexico (CUN): Two weekly flights begin May 27.
- Las Vegas (LAS): Two weekly flights begin Sept. 2.
Dallas/Fort Worth (DFW)
- Orange County/John Wayne, California (SNA): Two weekly flights begin May 6.
- Puerto Vallarta, Mexico (PVR): Two weekly flights begin May 28.
San Antonio (SAT)
- Cancun, Mexico (CUN): Two weekly flights begin May 28.
- Hartford, Connecticut (BDL): Two weekly flights begin Sept. 2.
- Indianapolis (IND): Two weekly flights begin Sept. 2.
Featured photo courtesy of Sun Country Airlines.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases.
- 2X points on dining at restaurants including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 2x total points on up to $1,000 in grocery store purchases per month from November 1, 2020 to April 30, 2021. Includes eligible pick-up and delivery services.