Free beer is on the menu this summer at these US theme parks
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Craft brews and coasters may seem like an unlikely pair, but four U.S. theme parks are out to prove that theory wrong this summer.
Throughout the summer, all four Busch Gardens and SeaWorld parks across the country are enticing over-21 guests with a “buzzworthy” complimentary beer offer. The specifics vary from park to park, so let’s stop making beer puns and start looking at what each park has brewing (OK, last one, I promise).
For more TPG news delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for TPG daily newsletter.
Busch Gardens Tampa Bay
Located just an hour and a half from the theme park capital of the world in Orlando, Busch Gardens Tampa Bay is gifting guests not one, but two complimentary beers now through Aug. 7 during the park’s all-new Summer Celebration event.
In addition to live entertainment, DJ-led dance parties and fireworks spectaculars, guests can visit Pantopia Drinks & Snacks for two 7-ounce beer samples per visit.
Those samples may give you just enough liquid courage to tackle Busch Gardens’ newest coaster, Iron Gwazi. Open since March, this hybrid steel and wooden roller coaster is the country’s tallest hybrid coaster and the fastest and steepest hybrid coaster in the world.
Busch Gardens Williamsburg
Busch Gardens Williamsburg in Virginia has been voted the world’s most beautiful theme park for 32 straight years by the National Amusement Park Historical Association, and free beer may make it seem even more lovely.
During the park’s Summer Celebration, which runs from June 17 through Aug. 14, guests can enjoy free concerts, live entertainment, fireworks, new summer snack options and two free (or cheap) beers per visit.
Members and pass holders will receive two free beers and all other guests can purchase two fifty-cent beers per visit in the park’s Ireland village. That’s practically free when you consider how expensive a theme park trip can be.
SeaWorld Orlando has been pretty busy lately.
The park opened Ice Breaker, its first-ever launch coaster, in February and recently teased a new coaster coming in 2023. That will give SeaWorld a total of seven thrilling coasters and the honor of being the coaster capital of Orlando.
In between coaster runs, guests can cool off with two free seven-ounce beers per visit between June 7 and Aug. 4. Drinks are available at the park’s Waterway Bar. If the beer whets your appetite, you can pop back over to SeaWorld on weekends between Aug. 5 and Sept. 5 for the park’s annual Craft Beer Festival.
SeaWorld San Antonio
SeaWorld San Antonio season and annual pass holders can sip on one complimentary beer per visit through Aug. 6 during the park’s annual Electric Ocean celebration.
Drinks are available from the Lone Star Lakeside Bar, the park’s full-service bar set on the banks of the iconic water ski lake
There’s no alternative deal for regular day guests, but there’s still lots of fun to be had during the festival including a water ski stunt show, concerts, fireworks, a giant Light Bright wall and more.
Whichever park you choose to visit, don’t forget to bring your ID and a couple of friends — and remember to always coaster responsibly.
Featured image by Nikada/Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer ends 8/3/2022.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer ends 8/3/2022.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs up to two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide including takeout and delivery in the U.S., and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $80 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA PreCheck® after you apply through any Authorized Enrollment Provider. If approved for Global Entry, at no additional charge, you will receive access to TSA PreCheck.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees